• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

They want him to play the support striker role, behind Rooney,

again according to reports...

Rooney IS the support striker, behind Hernandez, Wellbeck, Berbatov. Again, I'd be surprised if Man U broke the bank for anything other than a central midfielder. Although now they've got '£20M Paul Scholes' perhaps they're happy with their squad.

Sciatika   

You have a line-up of 4-2-3-1 yet we play a 4-3-3.

I thought it was your intent from the players you had there.

It's going to be a lonnnggggggg month.

It's better not to believe it a lot. Lille ask for a lot of money, and in my opinion Hazard is worth it. He will be a world superstar when arrives to a big team. But when comes to Chelsea, you never know. Maybe Roman and the board decide to spend a hell of money on him or forget him and try again in the summer, when I'm sure more teams will call. If we show the money now, Lille will sell, I'm sure. And if you want to be on the top, you have to get top players like him.

I dunno, Av-B said we haven't made an offer for him. He said he admires his qualities as a pure winger, what he means by that is that we don't have his type available considered for the starting line up. He says Hazard is a pure winger, but Hazard likes short passes, he doesn't whip balls in.

In terms of pure winger, he means a real dribbler at pace, Sturridge runs off the ball, but, dribbling with the ball he's slower. Admiring those qualities means he can see what he can bring to the squad, he hadn't ruled out making a bid, he said we haven't made a bid.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't make another signing at all

It's better not to believe it a lot. Lille ask for a lot of money, and in my opinion Hazard is worth it. He will be a world superstar when arrives to a big team. But when comes to Chelsea, you never know. Maybe Roman and the board decide to spend a hell of money on him or forget him and try again in the summer, when I'm sure more teams will call. If we show the money now, Lille will sell, I'm sure. And if you want to be on the top, you have to get top players like him.

Excellent point.

Even if you take into account that January prices are inflated, they will be more so if go into a bidding war with Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man Utd, Man City and other possible bidders - and that's not including wages.

But it seems (and this is speculations) that Hazard isn't "all about the money" like so many other players are. He has chosen to stay at Lille for longer then he would've to. If he wanted a transfer to make big money he could have done it already (except if 'Arry's twin brother is in charge in Lille). He's stayed in Lille to develop as a player, and that he has.

But Lille now knows they will loose him either now in January or in the summer. Then it comes up to how Lille wants to see this one out: Do they a) want to sell him now when he is showing good form and has been on top of his game so fare this season, or do they b) want to keep him until July even though there's no guarantee that he will bring in the same amount of money (he could loose his form, he could be seriously injured etc).

ish   

You have a line-up of 4-2-3-1 yet we play a 4-3-3.

If you can imagine before Sturridge went on loan the apprehension from fans to trust in Daniel as a starter.

Me personally, I have no qualms with Kakuta starting for us, my hope is he gains leverage with hopefully his 1st chance he'll be given to show what he can do for a league club in a regular capacity. It's similar to Gokhan, mentally people have that block in their mind regardless of how good they perform or what qualities they can offer, they won't deem the player useful up until the talent does it on a prominent platform. I firmly believe if Gokhan was on loan to Swansea & played regular games in the 1st part of the season, CFC fans would be excited by his potential & want him in the squad for next season.

Lukaku is interesting, because, I don't see it as a microwave that goes *ding* with players, in terms of being ready, he is ready to offer what he can right now, it's not good enough for Chelsea at the highest level as I believe he'd be easy to improve on, however, he wouldn't be starting for us & with Sturridge hopefully signing a contract extension, he could be 2nd choice striker with one of the wide attackers coming in to replace him.

Just think of Cuenca at Barca or when Pedro came in, I have little doubt myself that if Kakuta was in the Barca academy, they'd play him no problem, just as a club, in terms of management & fans etc, they are not as scared as we seem to be, they are more fearless & trusting & you can talk about the talent they produce all day long, but, it took, Guardiola who was the manager at Barca B to say.. wait a minute, I know these players are good, let us use more of them & trust in their quality.

If Rijkaard was still there we'd see more foreign talent & so when I see Brendan Rogers imagining him as Chelsea manager (not that I'm calling for it) I believe he'd have that trust in more of our younger players. Sure he's not a Chelsea legend like Guardiola was a Barca legend & the fear factor might make him not choose them...

I'm never one to want to play younger players just because, but, like I said with Tore, the idea he is not good enough to be a squad player, same with Kakuta is ridicc

chelsea play a 4123, pretty narrow on at that. in terms of tore I agree during the reserves level he was on another plane, if sturridge was killing it as reserves tore wasnt too far behind, was definitely ready to step up and physically he was quite strong for his age.

Comparing to barcelona is wrong, for instance barcelona plays its b team in the second division. pedro played 55 games for that team, cuenca got a loan but that loan was to a second div club as well meaning he was bought in to play games. chelsea can't offer 40 game a season against high level opponets so the players dont have a ready platform to impress at. alot of the players go into a team and then struggle to cope because they are straight away pitted in a relegation scrap or some other thing or no assurances of regular game time. Look at sinclair, used all over the place but given a sustained run of games in a consistent enviroment he has stepped up, not at epl level but easily somewhere between epl and Championship, but before that he struggled for consistency. unless a loan is super succesful at a high level most managers wont trust a player. look at stoch, won the erevedisie and was a standout player that season yet because he had zero assurances on playing time decided to move on.

even hazard who is a great player wasnt exactly setting the world alight at a young age, even now he isn't especially quick, he hasnt got a great final ball(better now though, possibly one or two more seasons of improvement can see him really step up) and he struggles against physical opponents that can keep up with him but he is trusted and playing constantly has improved his game to the level that he tries the audacious and his technical ability can pull him through.

Would be surprised if United want him. They already have Nani, Valencia and Young. Central midfield is their priority.

Exactly. Plus when Fergie reiterates that there's no value in the market in January, it means no big signings.

What do we know about L'Equipe? Same as The Sun, Mirror, Marca and other BS wannabe newspapers?

Would be a fantastic signing though, but I can't see us spending big money now in January.

Here for hoping, anyway!

One of the most trustworthy media sources in Europe.

Exactly. Plus when Fergie reiterates that there's no value in the market in January, it means no big signings.

Don't trust Fergie. He may mean what he said but before you know it, he goes and splash the cash. However, I do agree that United already have so many wide players and thus don't need another one UNLESS he intends to throw one of them out.