• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

Bidding for Hazard is like going back to the days of signing Robben. Getting a young player with his career in front of him and capable of getting into the team straight away. It is that sort of far sightedness that tells me this won't happen with the current Chelsea executives on the case.

Mata?

Flo17   

Bidding for Hazard is like going back to the days of signing Robben. Getting a young player with his career in front of him and capable of getting into the team straight away. It is that sort of far sightedness that tells me this won't happen with the current Chelsea executives on the case.

This applies to Luiz, Ramires, Romeu and Mata no?

hope is at an all time high, man your meltdown panic stations gentleman

Any day now the board will get a serious ass kicking for not having tied up this "deal" by 25 January.

Brace yourselves.

Any day now the board will get a serious ass kicking for not having tied up this "deal" by 25 January.

Brace yourselves.

And don't forget the customary James Prescott anti Gourlay rant isn't far off now!

PeterTwo   

And don't forget the customary James Prescott anti Gourlay rant isn't far off now!

Well he f'd up the Cahill transfer didn't he... oh wait...

I agree with HolyMoly.

Mata isn't the level of talent he is talking about, if we signed Aguero then I think HolyMoly would put him in that Robben bracket.

Sure... I'm not gonna get into Hazard v Mata arguments, but, the levels expected of Eden are higher than that of Mata's.

As far as I recall, I've been nothing but complimentary about Goulray's work on signing Ramires, Torres, Luiz, Mata, AVB and eventually Cahill. Good impressive work on all those deals - though the Cahill deal took longer than it probably should have done.

I admitted a year ago when we signed Torres and Luiz that I was wrong on Gourlay. He's done some excellent work in the last 12 months to be fair, no joke.

This is a difficult deal, a lot of money and lots of clubs want him, hence it takes time. However, if we did manage to pull it off it would be a coup for sure, even if it was a deal to sign him now to join in the summer (like the Robben and Cech deals were - remember Ranieri, not Jose, signed them and Kenyon did the deals).

Always said it was more hope than expectation with this one. But there is still that hope, I'm sure Gourlay is doing all he can on it.