• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

Flo17   

Thank you. Mata, Ramires.Luiz and Romeu are good players but not "franchise" players (to borrow an American term). They are not players to hang the club's collective hat on for the next ten years in the manner of a Rooney, Ronaldo or Cantona at Manure. Hazard is being held up to be in that sort of bracket and unfortunately I don't think the Chelsea heirachy are capable of that sort of coup. Yes they got us Torres but perhaps in retrospect they needn't have bothered and in any case that particular deal was drawn out far too overlong as well.

Ignoring the fact that your original point was that the board have failed to sign "Young players with their careers ahead of them that are capable of getting into the first team straight away", not about this "franchise" idea, I still think criticizing the club for not signing one of the top 5-10 players in the world is unfair. Unless you're playing on the Playstation (or are Real or Barcelona) then that simply isn't going to happen.

Scooba   

Anyone who thinks signing this kid would be anything other than brilliant and improve our squad 10 fold is deluded IMHO.

Can't believe some people are actually considering whether or not we should try and get him.

Anyone who thinks signing this kid would be anything other than brilliant and improve our squad 10 fold is deluded IMHO.

Jeez! Is Hazard god or something?

nateevs   

But you see this is where you are overhyping one of our own players and Hazard also.I agree when some people say Hazard really isn't that absolute top level player that many expect.Mata is also a good player but nowhere near Xavi,Iniesta or David Silva level which has always been and always will be the case.Some Valencia fan on here was saying that how even though Mata'd technique is a notch below Silva he more than makes up for it by his work rate,tracking back and etc etc.The thing is that Silva can and has upped all these attributes of his at City whereas Mata cannot suddenly better his technique so much.Very good player no doubt and for me a better option than Malouda(who is also good on his days) but I think so many have got themselves to over rate Mata,probably because we signed a possession attacking player like this for the first time.Hazard I also like but fcuk me he's no Messi or even close.For what its worth Robben was a more explosive and a better attacking talent.I would obviously love Hazard here at Chelsea but I won't have those sky high expectations.

I just wish that 90's youngsters were coming out in this decade,the wealth of talent all round would have been ridiculous and would have suited us so much.

If you looked back at my post you clearly see that I have not said Mata is Xavi and Hazard is Messi but that in terms of technical input on the pitch, Mata will be to Chelsea who Xavi is to Barcelona - The guy who doesn't run at defenders and concedes a ton of freekicks but stays right in the mix (the hole if you wish) linking play, making passes and co-ordinating the overall flow and tempo of play.

Hazard will be to Chelsea (if we sign him) who Messi is to Barcelona. The guy who most times raises the tempo. He's not a striker, WInger, CM but he can be all that as well. He runs at defenders, creates chances, spreads play and still makes very good passes and will score goals.

My statement was in corroboration of HolyMoly's assesment of both players. I gave a technical POV. I did not say Mata is a Xavi and Hazard is a Messi.

Are we clear?

But what makes Hazard a franchise player? He's no Derrick Rose.

I can understand the Neymar hoopla because he's clearly a super talent with the world at his feet. But Hazard is not even close to that level.

Hazard clearly isn't as good, quick or talented as being advertised. Just check Youtube there are countless match highlights of all his most recent games about 10 minutes long. I hope we don't go near him if Lille want 30m. 15-20m is his true worth.

I accept Neymar is better, but Hazard is close to his level. Can yoy tell me another young player who has been linked for years with every big team in this world?

Scooba   

No, he's exactly what we lack. Why would you not want to sign a player of his calibre? I just can't see the logic in that.

Layne87   

he's a very good player at a young age that plays in a position we desperately need a good player in.

I can't remember who McGarry was saying we were definitely on the verge of signing the last time I paid any attention to him. Was it Neymar? Amusing times.

nateevs   

Arbitary figure I plucked from thin air. It's a lot more reasonable than Lille's don't you think?

No I do not think so if ever you've seen Hazard play. £20m?

In this day and age?

Do not get me wrong mate but Hazard is not bigger than Mata. Mata was playing in La Liga with Valencia. He was the key player and brain of the Valencia. He was doing amazing job. Hazard is playing in Ligue 1 for Lillie. Hazard is not strong and it is the biggest concern for many fans.He is very fragile. All chelsea fans have crazy high expectations for him and I really do not understand it. Yes, he is something special but this kid is coming from Ligue 1. Do you guys remember the first season of Drogba? Everyone was like sell him, he is useless. Do you guys remember first season of Maluda? He is useless, sell him! Even though Maluda and Drogba played for top 2 teams in Ligue 1, even though they have experienced high level games in CL, they had huge issues and did not adopt the system and PL style for a long time. Hazard is something special but not the answer of our real problem. We need an experienced playmaker or experienced left winger to move Mata to center.

Well, I'm only going by looking at them to be hionest but with the clubs interested in Mata when we got hum compared to those interested in Hazard ity's clear the football World would say Hazard's big enough whether he's a bit bigger than Mata in physical stature(by looking at Mata and Eden I'd find it hard to accept Hazard not being a little biger and he might still go a littel and definitely fill out and is stockier than the VERY slight Mata already-wouldn't tale much)is a moot point when he's got so much time to deal with it anyway.

I'm saying Hazard's good enough to be the LW and share the load with Mata by rotating until we adress the playmaker in the summer. If Matas capable of doing it in the meantime we might not have to. Why not get one of the bits in and try? Hazard, like Mata, shouldn't lose much value either. I think it's a better sining for this window than anything else about really.