• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

JCX   

I thought Sturridge had 2nd most assists behind Mata with about 9 or 10. A very good return on the games he played. People seem to miss that.

sturridge had 6 assists I believe.

Torres was our 2nd highest assister behind Mata.

Nick89   

Sturridge was only behind Mata for assists, then he got dropped for the rest of the season because of his casual approach to tracking back.

Sadly this was the case. He's extremely gifted, but needs to think differently and change his attitude a bit to get succes here.

Sadly this was the case. He's extremely gifted, but needs to think differently and change his attitude a bit to get succes here.

Yes & No.

Sturridge has always been a striker & so those responsibilities were not asked of him before & competing for a central striking role next season, tracking back doesn't come into it.

However, Sturridge's game is to work the keeper & fans already have his numbers marked. Strikers are supposed to be selfish & everyone's calling for a more selfish Torres, but, Sturridge being selfish even as a striker is supposed to, mightn't go down well with the crowd. If I were a manager, I'd give him away games to help try & re-ingratiate himself as RDM's management crippled his reputation.

as RDM's management crippled his reputation.

Ahh, ha, ha, ha, ha!!! Priceless!

Look mate, we all know that you don't want RDM as Chelsea manager as you've made that blindingly clear over many, many posts - but blaming him for Sturridge's reputation, is about as risible as blaming him for the SB pitch needing re-laying.

pinoy   

From the Chelsea FC Website.

Assists - 132

Assists are judged not for the last touch but by the subjective view of the statistician for a crucial part played in the goal.

Mata 26, Torres 18, Cole 11, Lampard 11, Sturridge 10, Malouda 9, Ramires 9, Meireles 7, Drogba 6, Bosingwa 4, Ivanovic 4, Kalou 4, Anelka 3, Terry 3, D Luiz 2, Bertrand 1, Cahill 1, Essien 1, Lukaku 1, Romeu 1.

nateevs   

Ahh, ha, ha, ha, ha!!! Priceless!

Look mate, we all know that you don't want RDM as Chelsea manager as you've made that blindingly clear over many, many posts - but blaming him for Sturridge's reputation, is about as risible as blaming him for the SB pitch needing re-laying.

That's a very bad comparison. Are you suggesting RDM had just about as much control over Sturridge as he did over the state of the pitch?

bert19   

That's a very bad comparison. Are you suggesting RDM had just about as much control over Sturridge as he did over the state of the pitch?

No, he's suggesting that the original point was nonsense. And no, it wasn't a bad comparison.

Do you really Seb?

Oh come on man! Step your game up! What time is the team leaving their hotel tomorrow? Expect you to be there and post a ton of photos of Hazard.

It's QPR's loveable camera-shy rogue Tony Fernandez again! He'll do anything for exposure.

He's been on Sky Sports News, BBC Breakfast, Cash in the Attic and Neighbours so far today and now this....

I was there. AuTqkjVCEAAmeCe.jpg