• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

I'm glad he had a more "subdued" game today... so many people (especially the press) have over-hyped him that they'll all be lulled into a false sense of security on that performance. Yet in reality he had an excellent game, always looking for the ball, making space for himself and his team-mates, clever passes and I don't remember him giving the ball away. With no target it was difficult for him to create many chances, but from what I saw I'm more than pleased.

Unlike some here and elsewhere, I never fell for the "big-headed" label with which he's been branded. Having heard him on French TV and radio, he's always struck me as pretty well grounded and very much a team player, and I think he'll do well for us.

I'm glad he had a more "subdued" game today... so many people (especially the press) have over-hyped him that they'll all be lulled into a false sense of security on that performance. Yet in reality he had an excellent game, always looking for the ball, making space for himself and his team-mates, clever passes and I don't remember him giving the ball away. With no target it was difficult for him to create many chances, but from what I saw I'm more than pleased.

Unlike some here and elsewhere, I never fell for the "big-headed" label with which he's been branded. Having heard him on French TV and radio, he's always struck me as pretty well grounded and very much a team player, and I think he'll do well for us.

Another perspective a lot of people including me didn't think of. Well said.

Tidy performance, retained the ball very well and I'm sure if we manage to complete the signing he'll do very nicely for us , looks more of a Zola than a Robben though has a way to go to get near either.

StevenJ   

I thought he was great, at least a level or two above anyone else in the Belgian team. Can't wait to see him play for us, I think Mata will play the more settled stationary position and will be more of a playmaker while Hazard Hulk and Torres will be buzzing around him.

Sir   

Yes, clearly my first sentence was being some what sarcastic, I guess that doesn't come across well.

His touches were alright, passing was good, but that's about it.

I thought he was pretty tidy. Kept it simple most of the time and played some nice one-twos. He was moving about all over the final third and showed some decent pace at times.

Look forward to seeing him in a Chelsea shirt, providing his transfer goes through without a hitch.

pinoy   

THIS.

Yes, clearly my first sentence was being some what sarcastic, I guess that doesn't come across well.

His touches were alright, passing was good, but that's about it.

You weren't impressed with his movement?

Also, a couple of times he sprinted back and won the ball off an England player, which was nice to see.

Edited by Bridge Soldier

rj2115   

You weren't impressed with his movement?

Also, a couple of times he sprinted back and won the ball off an England player, which was nice to see.

r u serious?