• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

Codger   

He can only get 25-30% better?!

To my mind, if he gets 30% better then he's head and shoulders the best in the world.

I don't understand either.

He can get 25-30% better.

I thought it was fairly obvious. Arbitrary scale no need to establish any baseline performance levels. If he is a 1 now and he is going to improve another 25-30%.....that of course remains my opinion. I haven't seen the stats from last season and if that puts him head and shoulders above the rest, then great, we have a star on our hands, I am too darn short sighted to see it yet. May be !.

Let me put this to you sirs, how much improvement do you see possible in Hazard? and this is for the sirs not the riff raff defenders of the great French league and my poor footballing knowledge (right as they may be).

I thought it was fairly obvious. Arbitrary scale no need to establish any baseline performance levels. If he is a 1 now and he is going to improve another 25-30%.....that of course remains my opinion. I haven't seen the stats from last season and if that puts him head and shoulders above the rest, then great, we have a star on our hands, I am too darn short sighted to see it yet. May be !.

Let me put this to you sirs, how much improvement do you see possible in Hazard? and this is for the sirs not the riff raff defenders of the great French league and my poor footballing knowledge (right as they may be).

Never said it was great, said it is better than the Brazilian league though.

Edited by Mikel-Momo-12

Did last year not happen or something? Regrettably, I must ask, 'prove himself' how?

I don't how to answer the first part. Torres had a good season at Liverpool. Yes I said that. Prove himself by being a consistent performer as opposed to a flash in the pan; one season we had a Joe Cole, one season we paid 50 million. We need a Juan Mata not one of the aforementioned ones. We don't know whats going to happen, may be his dad will come in and demand an extortionate pay rise or a transfer to RM, what do we know, may be he will end up in the pub and come out with an anklet, or some white snuff thing. We just don't know.

So to me he has a lot to prove, put in a shift and do it all again. He has to earn his colours kind of thing you know. I can go on this theme ad nauseum add a snippet of sentimentality, but the bottom line is I consistency and commitment are my basic parameters for judging a Chelsea player. For me Oscar, Hazard, Moses, etc still have a lot to prove. And they haven't won much either.

He is superbly talented and if he can keep his head down and eye on the ball, we will be lucky to have him.

Babi   

Oh dear. The comparisons never stop. Neymar and Hazard. No I don't think so. Like it or not so far Neymar is a pure gift of God given talent and may go on to acquire the same berth as Messi, Ronaldo etc. Our Hazard is not quite their yet. At his age he is not likely to improve more than 25-30% more if I am being generous, and if I am not mistaken. Now it would be his brain that would keep expanding and his IQ shall increase in double digits. How he uses these attributes is entirely up to him and the coaching department. Lampard, Drogba, even Terry modified their game and went with the flow, realized their diminishing capacities and used their heads more. Joe Cole couldnt, even Terry took a long time and still struggling.

It took Arjen Robben 2 clubs and 4-5 long years to realize that his body wasn't up to it anymore, more to the point it never was. So they sent him to the Germans where they literally overhauled everything for him and use him as part of a huge squad and in important games.

My point is this no matter how fast of agile a young player may be the true test in the Premier League is always going to be his ability to keep it together because no matter what you do injuries are inevitable . Pace, dribbling speed, etc are all temporal sooner or later defenders are going to read you and then unless you learn to mix and match them you are going no where, and you are bound to slow down. So basically I want us to wrap Hazard in a cotton wool, play him decently yet sparingly, give him lots of books to read including trigonometry and basic calculus, Von Clauswitz etc. :)

After Scott Sinclair, Robben, Duff, Shevchenko, now effin Torres, Essien, Forsell, amongst many others, I don't think I can deal with more crooked attackers or those who were on the mend on our books and landed on "what could have been" pedestal. Losing your confidence can be a dangerous thing.

Anyway onwards and upwards, cautiously optimistic. Second season was always going to be a test.

I'm Brazilian AND a Neymar fan. I've watched Neymar since he was 17 despite not being a Santos fan and I think he's underrated by most people who haven't had a chance to watch him consistently.

I didn't mean Eden is better. I think they're the two big deals in the years to come if they succeed into living up their potential. the fact that I said Neymar is the closest because 1) he's younger 2) his adaptation might be harder and longer.

Also it's not even a comparison, but establishing who are the next big names, just like now those names are Ronaldo, Messi, Iniesta and Xavi.

I wasn't mistaken about Pato, Robinho, Denilson, although I was about Diego - all of which I called a bluff (except Diego, I thought he was going to be great - although never thought world-class). Neymar is no Robinho. Neymar is the real deal. You know who's the next Robinho? If you ask me that's Lucas Moura - who I've watched even more as my ex-husband is a SPFC fan and we had pay-per-view and I've watched nearly all matches from the kid until last year. That's the guy that can have the odd amazing season at most. He doesn't have what it needs to be a world-class player - and I don't use that expression lightly. I think there are very few world class players there. Lucas Moura won't ever become one of those. If you have the memory, quote me in a couple of years. If he does become this first class kind of player, I'll be surprised. Good, with the odd amazing moment. Remarkable? Nope.

Also the percentage doesn't make any sense in my head. I'm not saying it's more or less. I'm saying I don't think that's measurable.

Edited by Babi

I don't how to answer the first part. Torres had a good season at Liverpool. Yes I said that. Prove himself by being a consistent performer as opposed to a flash in the pan; one season we had a Joe Cole, one season we paid 50 million. We need a Juan Mata not one of the aforementioned ones. We don't know whats going to happen, may be his dad will come in and demand an extortionate pay rise or a transfer to RM, what do we know, may be he will end up in the pub and come out with an anklet, or some white snuff thing. We just don't know.

38284d1348377200t-people-using-tablets-s

Zoowraa   

On another point with Hazard. Anyone else think we might see him in the No 10 role a bit more this season?

I think he can be very succesful in this role but never had much chance there last season, mainly due to great form of Mata but also due to squad being light and so many games.

When we play 4-3-3 its obvious he will play wide, but I do wonder that when we go 4-2-3-1 whether we might see him more centrally.

There are stories about Jose not being a massive fan of Mata. However, mian reason I think this is to utilise the pace of Hazard against slower central defenders rather than fullbacks. Centre backs will not want to be dragged out of position to pick Hazard up, this will leave them with a real problem as if Hazard has found space between the lines then he will likey having a running start against centre halfs who will end up fouling him to stop him.

I also feel he will look to give more assists that Mata from this role. To me, Hazard seems to enjoy assisting a team mate more than scoring himself. Mata is an assit machine, but he can also have the selfishness of a striker at times (this is not a criticism before some read it what way).

Hazard as a No 10 will draw even more fouls that he does out wide. He has the tight control to pull players out of positions,with the strength and pace to be devastating in this position.

I am not saying he needs to start there ahead of Mata, because Mata cannot have the impact out wide that Hazard can, so he may have to be a victim of his versatility. But I think Rafa could of rested Mata more last season and not lose the quality by playing Hazard there. This never really happened but I do think Mourinho may exploit this asset more this season.

Let me put this to you sirs, how much improvement do you see possible in Hazard?

The percentage isn't 'fairly obvious'.

and this is for the sirs not the riff raff defenders of the great French league and my poor footballing knowledge (right as they may be).

The second sentence doesn't make sense, my dear sirs.

I remember when earthshine used to be a decent poster and then became overly sarcastic and now his sarcasm induced posts are off the rail.

Edited by Chelsea25