• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

Sarin   

The problem is Cole isn't the player he used to be.

Hazard marked by 3 players, and Cole doesn't get forward to cross.

Just sits back, or when he does get forward, does nothing useful.

^,^^, Hazard being multi-marked certainly should be good for the team, offering opportunities elsewhere.

Since the fastest defender was taken off when we switched to a 3 man defence, I can only assume Ashley wasn't fully fit or had received a knock.

Surely it can only be a matter of time before Mourinho recognizes a way to punish teams for their double/triple marking of Hazard? I would have thought that giving Mata a free role and have him drift close to Hazard would help a whole lot. As it stands now he is isolated far to often and our players don't really take advantage of the space he leaves behind.

Since the fastest defender was taken off when we switched to a 3 man defence, I can only assume Ashley wasn't fully fit or had received a knock.

No way is Cole our fastest defender. Luiz is definitely faster, and I'd say Cahill is too in a straight line. But agree on the knock bit, looked really out of sorts yesterday.

Bison   

No way is Cole our fastest defender. Luiz is definitely faster, and I'd say Cahill is too in a straight line. But agree on the knock bit, looked really out of sorts yesterday.

I'm amazed people still think Cole is fast. He has slowed down a lot in the last two years and is beaten for pace quite often. His best (defensive) performances are when we're defending very deep and he can close down his man before he turns.

I'm amazed people still think Cole is fast. He has slowed down a lot in the last two years and is beaten for pace quite often. His best (defensive) performances are when we're defending very deep and he can close down his man before he turns.

He's definitely still very fast. Not sure if he's our fastest defender though. I'm pretty shocked noone seems to consider Ivanovic fast. Cole was brilliant against Munich and I still think he's one of the very top players in the game. That being said though, I'd love to have Leighton Baines here.

He's definitely still very fast. Not sure if he's our fastest defender though. I'm pretty shocked noone seems to consider Ivanovic fast. Cole was brilliant against Munich and I still think he's one of the very top players in the game. That being said though, I'd love to have Leighton Baines here.

Ivanovic over the first 10 metres is right up there I would think, longer distances I think he loses a step or two.

Back to Hazard, I think a lot of people are correct in that he needs someone to help him down that left flank.. Maybe a move to 4-3-3 could be beneficial?

He's getting crowded out, isolated, and hacked to bits playing out wide. It's almost an impediment having so many No 10's because Hazard through the middle, turning on a six pence and accelerating through the middle of the pitch would offer such potency. If he's going to continue to play out wide, which is entirely reasonable, we have to work on our triangles and partnerships.

Some of his best work last season was when Dave was at RB, Hazard would shift over to the right, Mata would get involved, and those 3 would run circles around defenders. Maybe move Hazard to the right, pair him with Dave and give defenders something else to think about.