• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

Hazard's got more talent but he isn't using it yet. Last season I think will be the best we ever see of Gareth Bale, him pushing every bit of talent he has to the absolute limit. That's not to say I think it was a flukey season for him or anything along those lines - he's proven over a number of years what a great player he is - but I think his decision to go to Spain was very unwise. He's pretty much the perfect Premier League footballer, much like Ronaldo was, but unlike Ronaldo I don't think he has the adaptability to show his best in Spain as well. He doesn't quite have the footballing brain to be able to do what Ronaldo, Messi, Iniesta and co. do.

As for Hazard, he's more like Messi. Not as good, obviously, but possibly the player most closely comparable to him in football at the moment. He has everything Messi has, but just a little less of it.

I don't think Bale will ever break into the top 5 players in the world - as I said I think we've seen his best and what we see barely gets him into the top 10 - but I think Hazard can. He isn't there yet, but he has the ability and the brain. With the right management from Mourinho and enough work he can be the best player in our league in a year or two.

Slightly muddled post, sorry. But I guess the points I'm trying to make are clear enough.

Good points.

Scooba   

Good luck to Hazard in the Ballon D'Or, not that he will win it. Congratulations on being nominated.

Yeah, although I'd rather see someone like Ribery or Schweinsteiger(sp?) win it as Bayern have been much better than anyone else it's between 2 players again and only 1 is gonna win.

Congrats to Hazard though let's hope this is the beginning of a run of 8-10 consecutive nominations and at least once a winner. High hopes for him.

Scooba   

Think Ribery is nailed on personally.

It would be good to see.

^ It was fun, but Zabeleta had already got one yellow for a foul on him and had been lucky not to collect a second. So at this point I think he was desperate to avoid any contact whatsoever.

Zidane   

So... Eden made that list. Mata did not.

Is there something here? Or is it just the 'jury'?

It's a strange one, but I already have a suspicion that Mata will go down as one of the most seriously underrated players of his generation.