• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

Scooba   

You could interpret that as he only scores against rubbish teams then. Or he scores a lot in the last 10 minutes.

I suppose you would first need to look at how much and when Mata has been playing for Hazards goals.

At Sunderland the cards (unusually) came out first half and he was terrific from the start of the 2nd half.

I think he was terrific from the first few minutes really.

Would like to see the number of successful dribbles he had last night. Can only remember him losing the ball once, when we were on the counter.

mokilove   

He was superb yesterday!

Hope he can show the same level vs. top teams like Arsenal or Liverpool or Man City.

Edited by mokilove

middxguy   

He was superb yesterday. To be honest, I thought Eden's performances had (surprisingly) gone a bit backwards this season, so it was gratifying to see him on such scintillating form yesterday. Let's hope for repeat performances like that, week in, week out.

I think he was terrific from the first few minutes really.

Would like to see the number of successful dribbles he had last night. Can only remember him losing the ball once, when we were on the counter.

12/15 take on's according to Sqwaka

The biggest aspect of his performance last night was for me his taking on his man at every opportunity. Quite often I feel he gives off any easy pass which is a positive in itself as many wingers are prone to being selfish and dribbling too much but this guy has so much talent he needs to do it more. To be fair we don't always get the ball to him quick enough but there have been a number of occasions where he receives the ball facing the full back and instead of dribbling turns and plays a pass. When he runs at players he beats them and more often than not they try to foul him. I admire his ability to keep possession but sometimes we need him to take the bull by the horns and run at players and also to get more shots in. His potential is scary and we have seen in bursts just how good he can be, he just needs to take the responsibility to lead this team and do it more often. Watching back his goals for Chelsea his finishing can be outstanding with both feet but again, I don't think that he shoots enough. Of course he is still young and this will come with experience but if he can put in a few more performances like last night then teams won't be able to live with us.

DLU   

The biggest aspect of his performance last night was for me his taking on his man at every opportunity. Quite often I feel he gives off any easy pass which is a positive in itself as many wingers are prone to being selfish and dribbling too much but this guy has so much talent he needs to do it more. To be fair we don't always get the ball to him quick enough but there have been a number of occasions where he receives the ball facing the full back and instead of dribbling turns and plays a pass. When he runs at players he beats them and more often than not they try to foul him. I admire his ability to keep possession but sometimes we need him to take the bull by the horns and run at players and also to get more shots in. His potential is scary and we have seen in bursts just how good he can be, he just needs to take the responsibility to lead this team and do it more often. Watching back his goals for Chelsea his finishing can be outstanding with both feet but again, I don't think that he shoots enough. Of course he is still young and this will come with experience but if he can put in a few more performances like last night then teams won't be able to live with us.

Well said. I agree that he is sometimes too shy in front of the oppositions box. It's because he does not want to risk anything and make any mistakes - but then taking risks is the only way to perform like he did against Sunderland. It's unlikely he will be able to match this performance week in week out, but I hope he can at least continue to play with the same spirit.

Well I've got only one thing to say. Over the last five games or so Hazard has been world class.

Simple as.

He keeps this form up he'll be a contender for PotY. Won't stand a chance against Aguero/Suarez/Toure but should be ahead of Ozil.

I disagree and I believe he can play a lot better. Shooting once in a while (he has the PL's best conversion rate apparently) would be a start.