• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

paulw66   

He reminds me a lot of Robben, if Madrid come sniffing with an offer in excess of £50m I can see us selling.

I can't.

Huge differences with Robben:

- he was very injury prone

- he wanted out

Hazard is far more robust, and far more important to us than Robben was (largely down to those injuries)

Just checked the stats. Robben made 105 appearances in 3 seasons for us. Hazard is at 107 in less than 2.

Edited by paulw66

DLU   

He didn't look that hurt when he was subbed. Surely he'll be there with us for the semis?

Jose said he'd be out for 2-3 weeks. Means he might just make the Liverpool game & semi-final second leg, but likely will miss the first leg of the semi.

Big blow. Lucky Salah and Schurrle are beginning to play well and can add pace to the team. Going to need Oscar's creativity more than ever.

DLU   

I'm pretty sure Mourinho was talking about the worst case, so there is hope

Scooba   

Yeah Jose didn't say anything about him being out 2-3 weeks. He was asked about what hazard injured in which he replied, his calf so normally 2 weeks minimum. He is just commenting on how much time a player is out for a generic calf injury, it might be much less. It might be more. The scan will reveal more today.

Harvz   

Some reports that the Belgian national team manager has suggested Hazard should join PSG to become a better player. Probably just garbage 'mis-translation', but if that's true, he needs a proper clip around the head.

The best players only become the very best when the circumstances are right.

Going back to Ligue 1 would be a backwards step for him.

I can only forsee Real Madrid as a feasible move but obviously would hate it if that happened.

Also remember he has played in Ligue 1 already, so I find it very difficult to believe he would think it would be wise to go back now he has experienced the Premiership, so can't see a move to psg.

Real Madrid on the other I could see happen in the future, I also read he supported them as a child which doesn't help.

Scooba   

Any updates on the supposed scan he was meant to be having today?

Some reports that the Belgian national team manager has suggested Hazard should join PSG to become a better player. Probably just garbage 'mis-translation', but if that's true, he needs a proper clip around the head.