• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

It's only a matter of time before the thick Man U, Man C, Arsenal and Liverpool fans understand it's articles designed to make them click on it.

There isn't and have never been a serious undercurrent to the "Hazard to PSG" rumours.

Add Chelsea fans to that list too. Plenty of idiots on the Give Me Football fan pages, saying: "NoOOOooo don't sell Hazard he's number 1 go Eden ktbffh"

sideshow   

In an exclusive interview for La Dernière heure, a Belgian newspaper, Hazard says he is 100% sure he will stay at chelsea.
Contract extention talks are under way, he isn't sure they will be done before the world cup, but he isn't pressured sinds he is already sure he will stay at Chelsea.
I don't know more about the interview sinds I am not subscribed to the newspaper.

Edited by sideshow

In an exclusive interview for La Dernière heure, a Belgian newspaper, Hazard says he is 100% sure he will stay at chelsea.

Contract extention talks are under way, he isn't sure they will be done before the world cup, but he isn't pressured sinds he is already sure he will stay at Chelsea.

I don't know more about the interview sinds I am not subscribed to the newspaper.

This is The Guardian reporting on the story. If I recall, Dernière Heure is a general gossip/celeb type magazine (think Paris Match in France, or Hello in the UK)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/10/eden-hazard-stay-chelsea-contract

Similar pieces can no doubt be found in the Telegraph, Mail and elsewhere

cc1173   

I'm fairly confident he is off next year though. I might suspect that even more if he is offered a new contract. I've done no research into this, but you often see players get a new contract and move a year later. I guess so they (both the club and player) are in a stronger bargaining position the next year.

Then again, we've never sold a player we didn't want to (2004-). Will be interested to see how this plays out.

I'm fairly confident he is off next year though.

Can only see this being the case if he has an absolute monster season- if he matches Suarez in the season just gone, or Bale in the season before that.

It'll take serious money and clout to pull him away, and the one club I see having enough of both will expect a lot more for their money than they'd currently get.

Harvz   

This boy is so refreshingly mature for his age and status.

Clear, considered perspective on pretty much everything. Contrast that to Lukaku, who while not actively destructive, feeds headlines to the media on a weekly basis by being unguarded in his comments.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/belgium/story/1896452/eden-hazard-give-belgium-time?

This boy is so refreshingly mature for his age and status.

Clear, considered perspective on pretty much everything. Contrast that to Lukaku, who while not actively destructive, feeds headlines to the media on a weekly basis by being unguarded in his comments.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/belgium/story/1896452/eden-hazard-give-belgium-time?

He is 23, has made it big and is on a mega salary now.

Lukaku isn't any of those things yet - but he want it.

He is 23, has made it big and is on a mega salary now.

Lukaku isn't any of those things yet - but he want it.

But you must admit that his mindset is indeed refreshingly mature for someone in his position. He seems to have the patience of a 60 year old shepard. Edited by Ibn Battuta

But you must admit that his mindset is indeed refreshingly mature for someone in his position. He seems to have the patience of a 60 year old shepard.

A 60 year old shepherd with a 90 year old billionaire Dad.

Khobar   

Well, I'll put the fox amongst the pigeons here by saying that Hazard has a LOT of work to do before he becomes a legend. So far, he has shown flashes of brilliance but not on a consistent basis.

Hopefully, next season with the right players around him he can step up to the mark. With the extra players, maybe his form of last season would be enough for everyone to progress but I think we need to see him step on.

Oh, and if Madrid come knocking in a couple of years we're going to have one hell of a battle to hold on to him. And fail.