• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

He looked pretty unstoppable today. Can't say that often when he plays for Belgium, but a goal, an assist and dangerous all round.

Kane's been pretty excellent actually. Joint top scorer in the league says it all really. Hazard needs to score more. That's the bottom line IMO.

Mourinho urges him to score more so that we wont need to have this discussion in the first place. Honestly, Hazard having about 5 more goals to his tally would leave him hands down POTY.

Imagine if we were actually awarded the odd penalty here and there...

paulw66   

He is the league's best player but the award will go to Kane. He is the media's blue eyed (and most importantly, English) boy.

Imagine if we were actually awarded the odd penalty here and there...

Definitely.

But Hazard has missed some glorious chances as well. I honestly believe that Kane has had some big performances this season. Hazard has, by and large, been pretty quiet in the big games.

I think Hazard will dominate the league for years to come if he stays, but right now he needs to improve his figures in front of goal in order to receive the recognition he deserves. Hazard says that he doesn't believe that he'll ever match Mourinho's expectations with regards to goals. We'll, he has improved his defensive work, and his attitude towards training because of Jose and it shows... He's our best player currently. But the number of goals needs to increase as well.

I think the number of goals will increase, as he strives to make the most of shooting opportunities. His goal in the last game is a case in point; he drove towards goal and had no hesitation in shooting (that too with his left foot). He needs to attempt that on multiple occasions during a game. Couple that with at least half a dozen penalties a season and he should be pushing 15-20 goals a year in the league. Honestly that's about the most we can expect. He is, after all, a phenomenal creator as well.

paulw66   

Definitely.

But Hazard has missed some glorious chances as well. I honestly believe that Kane has had some big performances this season. Hazard has, by and large, been pretty quiet in the big games.

Is the bold bit a joke?

paulw66   

What big games has he performed in?

Kane has been dragging Tottenham through the season tbf.

He would be a deserved winner in my eyes.

All of them?

Assists home and away v City

Won and scored the penalty v Arsenal at home

Scored home and away v Spurs

Won and scored the penalty at Anfield in the LC

Got fouled a ridiculous 9 times in Paris. Not his fault the referee did nothing about it.

Was superb in the league cup final.

Equaliser at Southampton

Enough?

Edited by paulw66