• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

How can we expect a player who is constantly kicked from pillar to post to do well? He is now targeted by the opposition players who take it in turns to give him a kicking knowing full well that the referee will most likely just wave play on. It's got even worse than the punishment meted out on Robben. In the end, Robben realised that he would be better off playing elsewhere. Hazard will do the same, I expect.

I have a feeling that you could be right. Hazard has to be the most fouled player in the EPL and gets little or no protection from the officials.

As an aside, I feel that players like Hazard, Robben and Joe Cole (?) etc should be given a free role, to do what they do best and leave the defending to the DM and defenders.

Don't stifle natural ability, let it flow.

kratos   

As for Hazard I do think we should consider giving him the Mata role where he can operate in that space and hopefully help get his confidence back.

paulw66   

Until PL referees start applying the same rules as their continental counterparts, we will continue to lose the most gifted players to Spain / Germany.

The treatment that Hazard gets weekly, the Rooney foul on Oscar.....it doesn't do English teams any favours either in europe or when it comes to playing for England.

If the perpetrator is English, it is a double whammy - the commentators give it the old, "that's a good old traditional challenge". How many fouls did Vardy commit the other night, just chasing around like a bull in a china shop until someone got hurt?

It is no coincidence that Hazard keeps scoring for Belgium even when he can't for us.

Oh, and the foul for the penalty v Watford? No yellow card.

Until PL referees start applying the same rules as their continental counterparts, we will continue to lose the most gifted players to Spain / Germany.

Other than Bayern, Barca and RM (who together with PSG coincidentally have far far more money than any English club) what gifted players go to Spain or Germany (except those that can't get into first team in England?)

paulw66   

Other than Bayern, Barca and RM (who together with PSG coincidentally have far far more money than any English club) what gifted players go to Spain or Germany (except those that can't get into first team in England?)

Why would you caveat the Bayern, Real and Barca bit?

You're not saying I am wrong but you are trying to make a point, but I am not sure what.

Fairly soon we will be reading the usual flannel- playing footsie with potential suitors with lines such as- Whilst I'm happy at Chelsea and love the fans, it is no secret that other clubs are interested in me. In football you never know....

Pass the Sickbag

The treatment that Hazard gets weekly, the Rooney foul on Oscar.....it doesn't do English teams any favours either in europe or when it comes to playing for England.

If the perpetrator is English, it is a double whammy - the commentators give it the old, "that's a good old traditional challenge". How many fouls did Vardy commit the other night, just chasing around like a bull in a china shop until someone got hurt?

It is no coincidence that Hazard keeps scoring for Belgium even when he can't for us.

Oh, and the foul for the penalty v Watford? No yellow card.

Bang on Paul. Even teams placed 4-10 I. Spain are better football teams than basically most teams in England.

Arsenal and City play a fairly technical brand of football but the rest rely on physique. Even City are a very physical side.

We used to be one of those sides but were able to adjust to CL football. Arsenal aren't physical enough and not technical enough to challenge the best teams in Europe. City should be but they are unable to adjust to continental refs.

English sides will co tongue to struggle in Europe until sides are punished for being solely focused on destroying and taking advantage of the opponents mistakes.

Why would you caveat the Bayern, Real and Barca bit?

You're not saying I am wrong but you are trying to make a point, but I am not sure what.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deloitte_Football_Money_League#2013.E2.80.9314

As they say here in Poland, if you don't know what it is about, it is about money.

I have a feeling that you could be right. Hazard has to be the most fouled player in the EPL and gets little or no protection from the officials.

He's actually the most fouled player in the world and has been for a few seasons. Even with keeping that in mind, the treatment he received at Old Trafford was disgraceful.