• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

Recommended Posts

Maybe the club now can move on from all this stupid speculation for the last couple years. I’m quite happy that he’s gone. Good player, but it’s all been about him over the past few years and, I’m sorry, but he just hasn’t delivered often enough and I know that his supporters will list all the reasons why but I just can’t believe that someone who seemingly knew that he was leaving for the best part of a year could have genuinely been fully focused. 

So yeah. Good luck to him on his future and that’s a nice letter but the club has to move on now and no time to mourn. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kezza   

Happy this has happened and it has to happen for the club to move forward. Too much dependency on him at all times it's like we can't win games without hoping that he comes out with magic. Because we depend so much on his individualism our game is slow and predictable at times waiting for him to dribble while faster passing would have had the same effect. We need to evolve from being a team of individual players to a team that will function well irregardless of the specific quality of 1 or 2 players. A good comparison of these two type of teams is Man Utd with Jose vs Liverpool with Klopp.

Edited by Kezza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely gutted to see him go but in a weird way it feels like a weight has been lifted, with all the rumours and speculation. I’m excited to see how we play going forward now knowing we can no longer over rely on Eden. 

I’m quite optimistic for the future, and am just happy we got to experience Hazard in a Chelsea shirt and feel he gave his best years here. 

I would wish him luck but I find it very hard to wish luck on a team Cortious plays for. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bison   
8 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Maybe the club now can move on from all this stupid speculation for the last couple years. I’m quite happy that he’s gone. Good player, but it’s all been about him over the past few years and, I’m sorry, but he just hasn’t delivered often enough and I know that his supporters will list all the reasons why but I just can’t believe that someone who seemingly knew that he was leaving for the best part of a year could have genuinely been fully focused. 

So yeah. Good luck to him on his future and that’s a nice letter but the club has to move on now and no time to mourn. 

It was all about Hazard because he was our best player. In 18/19, he scored or assisted practically half of our league goals. We wouldn't have finished in the top half of the table without his contribution. He most certainly was 'fully focused'.

4 hours ago, Kezza said:

Happy this has happened and it has to happen for the club to move forward. Too much dependency on him at all times it's like we can't win games without hoping that he comes out with magic. Because we depend so much on his individualism our game is slow and predictable at times waiting for him to dribble while faster passing would have had the same effect. We need to evolve from being a team of individual players to a team that will function well irregardless of the specific quality of 1 or 2 players. A good comparison of these two type of teams is Man Utd with Jose vs Liverpool with Klopp.

When our game is still slow and predictable next season you will wish we had a player of Hazard's quality.

I really can't help but laugh at this idea that having a great player has somehow held us back from being an amazing team. Have you seen the state of the squad? What improvements do you anticipate being mde that will turn us into 'Liverpool with Klopp'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bison said:

Have you seen the state of the squad? What improvements do you anticipate being mde that will turn us into 'Liverpool with Klopp'?

Maybe the same types of improvements that Liverpool made with the money they got for their best player Coutinho 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bison   
19 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Maybe the same types of improvements that Liverpool made with the money they got for their best player Coutinho 

Liverpool bought quality players of the right age (Mane, Salah, VDV etc).

We have bought 4 goals a season Pulisic for £58m.

Do you really trust the people in charge to identify & buy players that improve the team in similar fashion to Klopp's Liverpool?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t begrudge him moving on. Hazard has carried us for the last few seasons with his goals and assists. He’s one of the top five best players in the world. Such players don’t come along often and we’ve been privileged to have him. 

It’s a real problem that his leaving might coincide with a transfer ban as we need a big overhaul to compensate for his loss. My fear is we’re about to find out how the current Chelsea side copes without Hazard over a season. And it’s not going to be pretty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's been magnificent for us and we're going to miss him massively.

We can't replace him, and the ban makes it even tougher, so one of those strikers on our books has to step up and become a 20 goal man and the focal point for our team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now