• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

paulw66   
15 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Achieved the dream move, can let himself go now! 

A bit like snaring a hot wife.......

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

A bit like snaring a hot wife.......

Chocolate biscuits here we come... 

24 minutes ago, r.bartlett said:

I see Eden is settling in nicely....'largely ineffective' 3-7 loss :-)

from Marca

Nothing to report. Always on the backfoot as Trippier owned his flank. Was eclipsed by the brilliant Joao Felix.

42 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

from Marca

Nothing to report. Always on the backfoot as Trippier owned his flank. Was eclipsed by the brilliant Joao Felix.

Hazard has always been crap in pre-season. Let's face it, as great as he was, he is a very inconsistent with his performances, one day he can be one of the very best players in the world, the next nearly non-existent. I have said it to my friends but in my opinion Hazard may struggle at Real as he:

a) has to perform every single game - I mean they even started booing C.Ronaldo in his last two seasons

And;

b) is a player I have always felt would have a Rooney type decline I.e. great player until 31ish then a very steep decline, especially if he picks up a long term injury.

Personally, I wanted him for one more season then I would have been happy to see him go, as I reckon he would only have 1-3 good seasons after 2019/20, while his wages for a new contract  would've been too much. 

JaneB   

Yeah, I never rated Eden much, glad he left and can't wait for him to fail at RM. They bought a turkey there........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Yeah, I never rated Eden much, glad he left and can't wait for him to fail at RM. They bought a turkey there........

:) 

He's class, and is consistently so and will do objectively well at Real. They are a bonkers club though, so I could see the fans not taking to him and imo Barca and Atletico have significantly stronger squads so it's far from certain he'll win very much there. 

2 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

Hazard has always been crap in pre-season. Let's face it, as great as he was, he is a very inconsistent with his performances, one day he can be one of the very best players in the world, the next nearly non-existent. I have said it to my friends but in my opinion Hazard may struggle at Real as he:

a) has to perform every single game - I mean they even started booing C.Ronaldo in his last two seasons

And;

b) is a player I have always felt would have a Rooney type decline I.e. great player until 31ish then a very steep decline, especially if he picks up a long term injury.

Personally, I wanted him for one more season then I would have been happy to see him go, as I reckon he would only have 1-3 good seasons after 2019/20, while his wages for a new contract  would've been too much. 

I would agrree on Hazards form pre and occasionally during the season, but now as a bona fide Galactico  he has no excuses or rather Madrid fans will not give him much time.unlike his previous clubs support .

Oddly as in-effective as Hazard was I'm not convinced he was the main problem, The whole team was awful with Courtois the stand out. That I find amusing, very amusing

10 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

I would agrree on Hazards form pre and occasionally during the season, but now as a bona fide Galactico  he has no excuses or rather Madrid fans will not give him much time.unlike his previous clubs support .

Oddly as in-effective as Hazard was I'm not convinced he was the main problem, The whole team was awful with Courtois the stand out. That I find amusing, very amusing

Thing is with the current Madrid side is that apart from Ramos a lot of them give up when the chips are down. The loss of C.Ronaldo for them was absolutely massive as he would drag them through a lot of games. The problem now for Hazard is that he has to replace C.Ronaldo in both leadership and goals. For me, as much as I love him I cannot see him doing it, especially the leadership part as he has never displayed it and he is also a fairly private individual and will not be in the media protecting himself like Ronaldo - see Bale. 

Personally, I can see Madrid wanting rid of him in 1-2 years time as they always ship out their Galatico's that do not fit the bill. This goes double as I expect Mbappe to be a player they want as their star in next few years.

Edited by Conte Kante

Kezza   

I honestly think Hazard will find it difficult to shine at Real. He just doesn't strike me as someone who takes charge and forces his best performance every match.