• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

chara   

I can't really recall any player who served Chelsea well being slagged off or harshly criticised...

Most leave with maybe regret from us but usually with good wishes.

Eden gave his best years to us and it is sad to follow his run of bad luck. I expect all here and elsewhere who consider themselves Chelsea people to wish him well and hope he bounces back..except against us!

An aside...anyone come up with a player not wished well?...I'll have to give it some thought.  (TC for me of course but didn;t really wish him ill)

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

History will prove that was a brilliant sell

I don’t think we will have to wait to make that conclusion. It was the right time for us to sell. Unfortunately for Eden it should have happened a year or two earlier. But it pains me to see him struggle and having such bad luck. Perhaps he will return here one day, stranger things have happened. 

14 minutes ago, chara said:

I can't really recall any player who served Chelsea well being slagged off or harshly criticised...

Most leave with maybe regret from us but usually with good wishes.

Eden gave his best years to us and it is sad to follow his run of bad luck. I expect all here and elsewhere who consider themselves Chelsea people to wish him well and hope he bounces back..except against us!

An aside...anyone come up with a player not wished well?...I'll have to give it some thought.  (TC for me of course but didn;t really wish him ill)

Well said chars. I can’t believe any proper Chelsea fan would slag off Eden. He gave us his best years and served us incredibly well. I have nothing but good memories from his time here and wish him all the best. 

As for the second part of your post. I think Poyet got a rough ride by some after his move to Spurs. I never felt any animosity towards him. Mainly because Spurs was such a poor side those days but also because I really felt he had given his all for us. 

chara   
2 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I don’t think we will have to wait to make that conclusion. It was the right time for us to sell. Unfortunately for Eden it should have happened a year or two earlier. But it pains me to see him struggle and having such bad luck. Perhaps he will return here one day, stranger things have happened. 

Well said chars. I can’t believe any proper Chelsea fan would slag off Eden. He gave us his best years and served us incredibly well. I have nothing but good memories from his time here and wish him all the best. 

As for the second part of your post. I think Poyet got a rough ride by some after his move to Spurs. I never felt any animosity towards him. Mainly because Spurs was such a poor side those days but also because I really felt he had given his all for us. 

I think your last words sum it up......all real fans can tell when a player is giving everything he has as opposed to taking the money....Torres was never disliked I think.....and wished well when he went......funny thing..I remember many who gave everything in a game but have been somewhat if not forgotten rarely brought to mind..Johnny Boyle jumps out as I write.

9 hours ago, paulw66 said:

History will prove that was a brilliant sell

Of course it might just prove he had some great managers in some seasons.  He has had disappointing seasons before.
image.thumb.png.3059b1b3dd7aaeb580dff5350e291229.png

Ham   
37 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Of course it might just prove he had some great managers in some seasons.  He has had disappointing seasons before.
image.thumb.png.3059b1b3dd7aaeb580dff5350e291229.png

Are you seriously going to judge him on goals alone? 

God forbid you should ever watch a game of football and judge a performance on what your eyes tell you.

You're a strange one.. 

Just now, Ham said:

God forbid you should ever watch a game of football and judge a performance on what your eyes tell you.

You're a strange one.. 

You really don't like being challenged do you.  You can't hide every laptop.

Ham   
Just now, Droy was my hero said:

You really don't like being challenged do you.  You can't hide every laptop.

Grow up.  

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

Grow up.  

love to reply but I have had too much work and children to deal with today and can't find the time.  You get the last word as usual.

chara   
6 minutes ago, Ham said:

You're a strange one.. 

That crossed my mind....now.....please guys.......you both are invaluable posters here and a source of enlightenment and pleasure to me at least.........I appreciate that some like to mix it in discussions but both of you are way above the foolish bickering of late...and not the only ones.......

I look for both your contributions and appreciate all your different views even if I disagree,,,so..please...for an old man.....let it all go.......