Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Would endorse the above XI, but would swap Robben in for Zola

Difficult one.

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

and I'd have Ivanovic at RB.

100%

Not sure about Fabregas above Essien or Ballack though. I was a huge fan of Cesc and had many a debate about why he was so good but better than Essien or Ballack? Not for me.

paulw66   
17 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Difficult one.

100%

Not sure about Fabregas above Essien or Ballack though. I was a huge fan of Cesc and had many a debate about why he was so good but better than Essien or Ballack? Not for me.

Better, maybe not. But different, certainly 

Am thinking about the balance of my team! 

Not Having Robben over Zola , it'd be ok if we played once a year but other than that no . Ivanovic all day long . 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Difficult one.

100%

Dont think we got the best version of Ballack at chelsea, dont get me wrong, he was still pretty good, but if we compare the best Essien we had at chelsea vs the best Ballack we had, it should not be a competition. Cesc wont come anywhere near close to them, either in terms of quality or legendary status.

paulw66   
6 hours ago, didierforever said:

Dont think we got the best version of Ballack at chelsea, dont get me wrong, he was still pretty good, but if we compare the best Essien we had at chelsea vs the best Ballack we had, it should not be a competition. Cesc wont come anywhere near close to them, either in terms of quality or legendary status.

I read the other day, Ballack played here for 4 seasons, and lost 10 games over 90 minutes in all competitions. 

Harsh on Cesc IMO. His contribution in 2014/15 was incredible. 

On 05/02/2021 at 10:24 AM, paulw66 said:

I read the other day, Ballack played here for 4 seasons, and lost 10 games over 90 minutes in all competitions. 

That Ballack stat is mental, and doubly so when you consider we only won one league title during his time here.

On 2/5/2021 at 3:54 PM, paulw66 said:

Damn, had no idea about that stat.

I dont know mate. His contribution was limited to a half season in 14/15. After the spurs debacle, it was a one man show - EDEN HAZARD. Also, lets not forget the 15/16 debacle (not solely on him, but his presence in the mid was non-existent). I mean we are talking about Essien and Ballack, one at his prime bullied literally any mid in the world, and another is probably the most complete CM of all time. Cesc is simply no where near them in terms of quality, and its not a dig at him. But its just my opinion. For me, comparing cesc to Essien and Ballack is like comparing ramires/mikel to cesc. The difference in class and quality is pretty evident. 

Edited by didierforever

2 hours ago, didierforever said:

I dont know mate. His contribution was limited to a half season in 14/15. After the spurs debacle, it was a one man show - EDEN HAZARD.

Really don't recall it like that.

46 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Really don't recall it like that.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/cesc-fabregas/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/8806/plus/0?saison=2014&verein=631&liga=&wettbewerb=GB1&pos=&trainer_id=

14 assists and 2 goals in 19 games pre spurs game

5 assists and 1 goal in 15 games post spurs game. 

Please use the above attached link for verification and recalling.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/eden-hazard/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/50202/plus/0?saison=2014&verein=631&liga=&wettbewerb=GB1&pos=&trainer_id=

Hazard had 6 goals and 5 assists in 18 games post the spurs game. With each of his 6 goals being the 1 goal difference in wins against United (1-0), Palace (1-0), WHU (1-0), Villa (2-1), Hull (3-2), Stoke (2-1).

Edited by didierforever
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Hazard had 6 goals and 5 assists in 18 games post the spurs game. With each of his 6 goals being the 1 goal difference in wins against United (1-0), Palace (1-0), WHU (1-0), Villa (2-1), Hull (3-2), Stoke (2-1).

Well I do recall the Fabregas stats obviously.

But we scored 29 goals after that game and won 12 matches.
I'm not sure that Hazard scoring 6 of them makes it a one-man show.

BTW 15-16 was very simple.  19 players aged 21+ including 3GKs, Djilobodji, Pato, Falcao and Remy.
All in all the remains of that squad did remarkably well to complete the season at all.