• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

Recommended Posts

paulw66   
4 hours ago, didierforever said:

 

I dont know mate. His contribution was limited to a half season in 14/15. After the spurs debacle, it was a one man show - EDEN HAZARD. 

it really wasn't 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bert19   
33 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

it really wasn't 

Yep.  John Terry was pretty immense during that run.  Deserves a lot of credit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well I do recall the Fabregas stats obviously.

But we scored 29 goals after that game and won 12 matches.
I'm not sure that Hazard scoring 6 of them makes it a one-man show.

 

BTW 15-16 was very simple.  19 players aged 21+ including 3GKs, Djilobodji, Pato, Falcao and Remy.
All in all the remains of that squad did remarkably well to complete the season at all.
 

The stats dont lie. We went ultra defensive after the spurs game and simply relied on the counter and the magic of Hazard in attack.

Also, 29 goals in 18 games is hardly a great stat specially when it involves one 5-0 drubbing of swansea and a dead rubber 3-1 on the last day of the season. In rest of the games, it was 21 goals in 16 games, showcasing the fact that we went all "JOSE" at that point. 

Anyways, the point is about Cesc's value and what he has given to the club. The best Cesc had to offer was in 14/15 and even that was fractional of what the likes of Essien and Ballack gave us in their tenure at the club. He simply pales in front of them be it in quality or the actual worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
5 hours ago, didierforever said:

The stats dont lie. We went ultra defensive after the spurs game and simply relied on the counter and the magic of Hazard in attack.

Also, 29 goals in 18 games is hardly a great stat specially when it involves one 5-0 drubbing of swansea and a dead rubber 3-1 on the last day of the season. In rest of the games, it was 21 goals in 16 games, showcasing the fact that we went all "JOSE" at that point. 

Anyways, the point is about Cesc's value and what he has given to the club. The best Cesc had to offer was in 14/15 and even that was fractional of what the likes of Essien and Ballack gave us in their tenure at the club. He simply pales in front of them be it in quality or the actual worth.

Whilst I'm a huge fan of Cesc I recall him getting similar stick to Jorginho regularly when he was getting bullied and by-passed by the opposition. 

It's easy to only remember the good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, didierforever said:

The stats dont lie. We went ultra defensive after the spurs game and simply relied on the counter and the magic of Hazard in attack.

Indeed they don't.  They show that most goals did not involve hazard in your period.
They confirm my memory and reject your version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Indeed they don't.  They show that most goals did not involve hazard in your period.
They confirm my memory and reject your version.

Lol. 11 goals via assists and goals out of 29 accounting for 40% of the total output and this is DIRECT involvement.

Take out one game against Swansea (5-0) in which he has no goals or assists, his DIRECT involvement becomes a whopping 46%. Not to mention the numerous number of goals he would have created by going past n number of people, leading to open players. 

But don't let all of those facts bother your reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ham said:

Whilst I'm a huge fan of Cesc I recall him getting similar stick to Jorginho regularly when he was getting bullied and by-passed by the opposition. 

It's easy to only remember the good. 

Sadly yes. While CESC coukd compensate for his lack of athleticism and defensive nuance with his attacking flair, jorginho is simply a liability. 

Nonwthless, he was a good player for us, simply don't think that he should be compared to the likes of Ballack or Essien.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Lol. 11 goals via assists and goals out of 29 accounting for 40% of the total output and this is DIRECT involvement.

Take out one game against Swansea (5-0) in which he has no goals or assists, his DIRECT involvement becomes a whopping 46%. Not to mention the numerous number of goals he would have created by going past n number of people, leading to open players. 

But don't let all of those facts bother your reality.

On 2/8/2021 at 7:23 AM, didierforever said:

After the spurs debacle, it was a one man show - EDEN HAZARD. 

Not a one man show.  End.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Whatever floats your boat mate

Just tell him you love Sarri and he'll be fine. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now