• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Departs For Real Madrid

JaneB   
8 hours ago, Ham said:

Whilst I'm a huge fan of Cesc I recall him getting similar stick to Jorginho regularly when he was getting bullied and by-passed by the opposition. 

It's easy to only remember the good. 

3 hours ago, didierforever said:

Sadly yes. While CESC coukd compensate for his lack of athleticism and defensive nuance with his attacking flair, jorginho is simply a liability. 

Nonwthless, he was a good player for us, simply don't think that he should be compared to the likes of Ballack or Essien.

Favourite occupation on here.  Start comparing former players and decide some weren't as good as they actually were.

No one's perfect but Cesc was a top pro, delightful to watch (oh, some of those passes) and added much to Chelsea.  He was a classy player, something sadly lacking in the present set up.

Ham   
12 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Favourite occupation on here.  Start comparing former players and decide some weren't as good as they actually were.

No one's perfect but Cesc was a top pro, delightful to watch (oh, some of those passes) and added much to Chelsea.  He was a classy player, something sadly lacking in the present set up.

Don't get me wrong. I love him but he got criticised for the defensive side of his game. 

JaneB   
9 minutes ago, Ham said:

Don't get me wrong. I love him but he got criticised for the defensive side of his game. 

I know, but don't they all?

Such a lovely footballer to watch going forward though.  Such a shame this type of player has to defend as well!!

3 hours ago, JaneB said:

On the contrary, people hype up ex players to be something that they were not.

CESC was great on the offensive end of the field, but an absolute liability on the defensive end to the point where teams targetted him. 

Unfortunately for him, he was not a no. 10 but a CM who HAVE to judged on the offensive and the defensive part of their games. 

Fortunately or unfortunately, football is not just about making those awesome passes.

4 hours ago, JaneB said:

Spot on, Jane. That his defence was suspect, shouldn't even be an issue imo. It's not why he was in the team. 

chara   
30 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Spot on, Jane. That his defence was suspect, shouldn't even be an issue imo. It's not why he was in the team. 

Interesting debate.....I think it's the manager/coach who should be setting a side up to the strengths of the players....

• Like 1

JaneB   
48 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Thanks Michael!!

I thought it was just me being me!!

chara   
4 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Thanks Michael!!

I thought it was just me being me!!

Well it was Jane and long may it continue!

JaneB   
3 minutes ago, chara said:

Well it was Jane and long may it continue!

Oh stop it!! ☺️ 😉

chara   
2 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Oh stop it!! ☺️ 😉

Only looking for brownie points!!!!...I'm the ultimate crawler!

• Haha 1