• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Joins Real Madrid

Ric   

I wrote this in the Moses thread early August and would be quite interested in hearing what people think of Eden so far. Has he proved a good signing?

Personally I'm positively surprised. Yes, he is lacking defensive ability but his burst of pace is electrifying and his close ball control a joy to watch.

Still a lot of scope for improvement but I can certainly see why we paid the £32m for him.

Outstanding potential if we nurture him right!

Spot on! I gave up expecting anyone to thrill me in the same way Robben did! But all of mata, Oscar and hazard have shown real bits of class this season! Who ever becomes the next manager has some real future stars to work with!

DatDude   

What an amazing player we have, and all it took was a couple months for people to start to bad mouth him. He is 21 years old, there is no doubt that he will go on to become one of the best players in the world, stop complaining and enjoy what we have. Maybe we should bring Kalou back and play him on the wing.

FFS what a fickle group of fans.

Vinod   

I am surprised very few players are raking up the issue on Hazard's wages. Assuming that the reports are true and that Hazard is on 170000 GBP; doesn't anyone feel it is unsustainable in the long run. Especially when there is a solid performer like Mata and Oscar who will arguably get there. Unless we win something huge in the next 2 seasons, I see us selling Hazard for a neat profit.

I am surprised very few players are raking up the issue on Hazard's wages.

Maybe it's because none of them (just like none of us, or anyone in the media) have the first clue what Hazzard's wages actually are? Just a thought.

Yes I am serious. Hazard is one of the highest earners at the club, cost us 30 mill£ and all he does is dance with WIgan, Nordskjælland and Reading players. he isn`t that amazing at all. For once a media darling in the Chelsea midfield,a dn when they picked one, they picked a true c++t. He is playing for himself, not the team. He is the Torres of the midfield. On a day when the whole team performs well, he is good, the team having an off day, he is maybe the worst player. He is a lazy prude. Needs to quit diving and get on with his game.

There are times when I actually take a deep breath before heading to these forums, mainly in preparation for the negativity I am bound to find.

With that being said your post is one of the most absurd I have ever read.

In Hazard we have an absolute gem of a player, he has a ton of talent is still 21 and quite to the contrary of what you say does not strike me as "lazy/diving or a C++t"

A few things to consider before you make such utterly ridiculous statements. Firstly he is 21, living in a new country and playing in a new league. His contribution to the team (I believe he is the only player to start every game this season) has been impressive in my opinion. Has it fluctuated? Yes? But which player hasn't? Also the "diving" ? Personally I think he has been remarkably restrained given how often he is hacked down by opponents, he should have had a bunch of penalties (but didn't get awarded them) and when you watch the replays its not "diver" that springs to mind its "ref's need to deter those challenges"

So I would seriously suggest you get a grip, we have some very young and very talented players in the team. Get behind them and support them and the team instead of coming on these forums and spouting nonsense like some spoiled brat.

Maybe it's because none of them (just like none of us, or anyone in the media) have the first clue what Hazzard's wages actually are? Just a thought.

Michael.

Please stop talking sense, are you forgetting which forum you are posting on?

Vinod   

Honestly, we don't have the first clue on anyone's wages and go by what's reported. My surprise comes from the fact that what's reported on the press is taken as a fact; and considering this I am surprised that no one is worried. I see Torres' wages quoted but not Hazard's.

Having said that, I'd think the board would be silly to approve anything more than first team median wage for Hazard; but desperation can force your hand.

Honestly, we don't have the first clue on anyone's wages and go by what's reported.

Well, we shouldn't because they (the media) generally don't know any better than we do. Forming an opinion/raising an issue, based on complete media fabrication or exaggeration, just because it's been reported, is a nonsense, isn't it?

And you can bet that the players know all that perfectly well. Which answers your original question, surely?

I see Torres' wages quoted but not Hazard's.

No, you don't. See above.

Ah. We're back to the "sustainable long-term" argument I see.. People try to think too far ahead when it comes to Chelsea affairs. Over the last 2 years, we've lost some of the (presumably) highest paid players in the team. Its only "right" that we find a new group of players to pay well. In any case, I couldn't give a toss. Hazard's worth every penny IMO. Good players command huge fees and salaries. And Hazard's certainly one of the best as far as I'm concerned.

Vinod   

Well, we shouldn't because they (the media) generally don't know any better than we do. Forming an opinion/raising an issue, based on complete media fabrication or exaggeration, just because it's been reported, is a nonsense, isn't it?

And you can bet that the players know all that perfectly well. Which answers your original question, surely?

No, you don't. See above.

Haha with you on all points. Just been wondering lately if any of the reported wages are true at all. It certainly does not make sense to have massively differential wages for players of equal standing.