• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Joins Real Madrid

Am I the only one that has this very small doubt in the back of my mind, after the dry spell throughout the massive middle period of last season and the start to this one, that hazard may not reach the heights that he was predicted to by most when in France?

Don't get me wrong I think he is a superb player, a game chaner. No doubt. But he definately has some improvements to make before he becomes a world beater, someone that everyone fears when chelsea's name is drawn in the CL. He needs to have better finishing and I think more focus and drive to go straight at people more often, maybe even take on the responsibility of the team as the main threat, which I don't think he has done as of yet.

I still see someone who has a childish love of the game. Who enjoys taking people on and scoring, but does not yet have that steely will to go for the jugular. When he has that, and more consistency, he will arrive as one of the worlds best.

I hope he does.

Ok his quickness and agility against Bayern made me eat my own words about what I said a few days ago, boy does he have the world at his own feet. SO SO happy to have him at Chelsea I'll say today and tomorrow he's the best football talent out there in the world, wouldn't swap him for anybody.

Edited by Mikel-Momo-12

DLU   

Hazard is not yet at a level where he walks past all defenders and scores in every game, but I am happy to see that his work-rate has become higher ever since Mourinho arrived. I think the lack of this was the reason behind his dip of form last winter, and if he can carry on like this I am sure he will do very well this season. Also, with Willian coming in and Mata hopefully soon back in the team, Hazard will get more space to take advantage of his skills.

United dealt with him much better at Old Trafford than Bayern did. United hounded him in possession, Bayern almost allowed him to play his game at will. Although, in fairness, Bayern were chasing the game a whole lot more than United. Its probably been said to death about us, but I think United were actually the ones who were far more negative in their approach than we were at OT.

life   

I'm such a fan of Hazard it's not healthy. Watching his impact against Bayern was nothing short of brilliant. One of the most thrilling footballers I've ever seen wear the blue shirt.

lol, you are not alone

the fact he is only 22 does makes him even more of a prized asset in my eyes...a diamond we can mould..

hanuma   

Of course these days catering for Eden seems to boil down to kicking him as soon as possible after he receives the ball but that's another story..

The individual highlights of Hazard's performance highlight that really well.

Let it be known that Guardiola's Bayern kicked the **** out of an opponent's skillful attacker.

life   

what is with hazard getting marked out by 3 players in every game now?

especially against man u, bayern and everton

I just had to laugh at how scared managers are of hazard, we have a player on our hands...

but 3 players marking 1 player?

do messi or ronaldo get that treatment?

I just find it funny...

Theoretically that should mean there are two players unmarked when Eden has the ball. One of these players is usually Cole, who in the past couple of years hasn't looked at all dangerous when on the ball in the opposition half.

They've recognized he's a dangerous player. Watching the game, he had Coleman, Naismith tracking back, and Jagielka in several points of the match.

He lost the ball on too many occasions, but you can't really blame him, support was nowhere to be found.