• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Joins Real Madrid

cam4blue   

How about people having a go at Costa for being everywhere except where a centre forward should be. How about people having a go at the other midfielders for not bursting into the box?

Having a go at Costa or whoever is fine. I've done it a lot. Others too.

In the Hazard thread though, I think you can point out that Hazard has started 16 games and come off the bench 3 times, for a return of 0 goals and 2 assists. Even during by far his best performance of the season he never looked like having a real cutting edge. That is something Hazard should be criticised for IMO, especially given his talent.

Having a go at Costa or whoever is fine. I've done it a lot. Others too.

In the Hazard thread though, I think you can point out that Hazard has started 16 games and come off the bench 3 times, for a return of 0 goals and 2 assists. Even during by far his best performance of the season he never looked like having a real cutting edge. That is something Hazard should be criticised for IMO, especially given his talent.

Yes, it's a rather bizarre assertion to make that it's only Hazard that's being criticised on here.

Aside from Willian pretty much every.single.player has been called out so far this season on these threads.

Sea foot   

Aside from Willian pretty much every.single.player has been called out so far this season on these threads.

And quite rightly so.

My biggest question is about the kind of player he wants to be.

He was our No.10, one of our two most advanced players for the whole match; he had plenty of the ball too. And I can't recall him creating a solid chance or even having a shot. He doesn't seem to want to be the player who makes the difference. He's in danger of becoming a show-pony, albeit a gloriously talented one. I think he could be a lot better than that.

Bang on. Overall, I'm disappointed in Hazard. That may sound crazy but when we bought him people claimed the most ridiculous things. Our first golden ball winners etc. I can confidently say he'll never be a Ballon D'Or unless he moves to Spain. Then maybe he's got a chance.

He's a top 20 player in the world. Not bad my any means but there's a difference between him and the top 5. A big difference.

Agree total, last seasons level suggested he was going to rise another level but for me he's gone down a level this season in terms of end product and quite frankly grabbing a game by the balls rather than shrinking within himself.

xCELERYx   

Bang on. Overall, I'm disappointed in Hazard. That may sound crazy but when we bought him people claimed the most ridiculous things. Our first golden ball winners etc. I can confidently say he'll never be a Ballon D'Or unless he moves to Spain. Then maybe he's got a chance.

He's a top 20 player in the world. Not bad my any means but there's a difference between him and the top 5. A big difference.

I dare say it's also harder to maintain such a high level in the EPL compared to other leagues, purely down to how competitive it is. Being a star in Spain, Germany or Italy is a much easier task when the level of performance required week after week isn't has high or demanding. A quality player in one of those leagues could play at 60% capacity and still be a influential figure. Do that in the EPL and it isn't going to cut it.

If Hazard ends up in one of these other leagues he'd still be contributing with the sort of performances he's shown so far.

Vinod   

I dare say it's also harder to maintain such a high level in the EPL compared to other leagues, purely down to how competitive it is. Being a star in Spain, Germany or Italy is a much easier task when the level of performance required week after week isn't has high or demanding. A quality player in one of those leagues could play at 60% capacity and still be a influential figure. Do that in the EPL and it isn't going to cut it.

If Hazard ends up in one of these other leagues he'd still be contributing with the sort of performances he's shown so far.

Apart from Ronaldo has any player from EPL performed better in La Liga than he did in EPL? Fabregas, Bale, Beckham, Robben, etc were all far more influential in PL than in La Liga. You might argue they moved to stronger teams; but maybe that's the point. Hazard might pale in comparison in Neymar, Messi and Suarez if he goes to Barcelona. He might struggle to start.

Apart from Ronaldo has any player from EPL performed better in La Liga than he did in EPL? Fabregas, Bale, Beckham, Robben, etc were all far more influential in PL than in La Liga. You might argue they moved to stronger teams; but maybe that's the point. Hazard might pale in comparison in Neymar, Messi and Suarez if he goes to Barcelona. He might struggle to start.

I'd say Bale Robben and Beckham were as good at RM as in the Prem - you can't stand out at RM besides Ronaldo or Messi the way you can at Spurs.

And all of them have been starters throughout their time there.

Hazard would not start at Barcelona. The gulf in class between Iniesta, Messi, Neymar, Suarez and..................Hazard is massive.

cam4blue   

Apart from Ronaldo has any player from EPL performed better in La Liga than he did in EPL?

Off the top of my head: Soldado, Di Maria, Forlan, Kanoute, Bale (42 goals in 146 games for Spurs, 30 in 65 for Real), Jesus Navas, Caballero, Arbeloa, Auerlio, Robinho, Macmanaman, Morientes, Suraez (69 goals in 110 games for Liverpool, 28 in 39 for Barca), Reyes, Ozil...
Just from our recent history you have Deco, Filipe Luis, Fabegas, Costa, Del Horno...
Out-performing your La Liga form in the prem is actually much rarer.