• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Joins Real Madrid

Sciatika   

How can we believe "in the region of 84.2 million". That's like "approximate contents 49 matches" or "pi is roughly 3.1415926"

DannyLB   

http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/02/chelsea-open-to-selling-eden-hazard-in-84-2million-summer-transfer-to-real-madrid-report-5536283/?

I'm not trying to validate the rumour or give it any credence but as a hypothetical and at this price, would you sell?

Depends purely on who comes in for me. If we can get Reus and Aubameyang, I'd be all for it....

Vinod   

The only acceptable reason to sell Hazard is that we need the money.

'Money is too good to refuse', 'He wanted to leave', 'He has attitude issues', 'He is not working hard enough without the ball', etc etc - Not good enough reasons.

How can we believe "in the region of 84.2 million". That's like "approximate contents 49 matches" or "pi is roughly 3.1415926"

FFS Sciatika, it was a hypothetical question - I wasn't asking you to believe anything. In another thread I might have asked you to tell me what superhero's power would you like - it isn't going to happen, it's just a bit of fun to open up some sort of debate.

Which you killed by the way.

The only acceptable reason to sell Hazard is that we need the money.

'Money is too good to refuse', 'He wanted to leave', 'He has attitude issues', 'He is not working hard enough without the ball', etc etc - Not good enough reasons.

I'd try to engineer some sort of swap out of Real Madrid or PSG as I think Hazard will be looking to move on anyway, whether it's this season, or next.

I can think of a few players from either team who'd markedly improve us, but sadly I can only see those who are desperate to leave that will make the move here.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/02/chelsea-open-to-selling-eden-hazard-in-84-2million-summer-transfer-to-real-madrid-report-5536283/?

I'm not trying to validate the rumour or give it any credence but as a hypothetical and at this price, would you sell?

Real( and Atletico) are under investigation by FIFA and facing a possible transfer ban, for signing international Players under 18 Just like Barcelona last year.

I'm sure I read somewhere recently that a ruling was due soon. That would have an impact. Though like Barcelona they could still buy players, they can't play them.

All thing considered it's a very Real type of purchase mostly Presidential vanity.

Would I sell ? Nope Would Hazard want to go ? possibly . So I will go for a transfer ban for Real and new impetus on playing style from a new manager to convince him to stay :)

Not to put too fine a point on it, I wouldn't give them, or their Catalan cousins, gonorrhoea - never mind one of our better players. For a whole raft of reasons.