• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Joins Real Madrid

jangz   
1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

I’m sick of his inconsistency. If he had the work ethic of Lampard or Zola he’d be getting 20 goals every season and way more assists.

His job is to show up in every game and perform to his maximum. He isn’t doing that at all. That’s got to change. No excuses. 

different players, different positions its not work ethic.. I dont see Messi/Ronaldo/Neymer/Coutinho etc chasing back or closing down.. Problem with hazard has been the end product in terms of goals and assists.. which should be more

56 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I love Hazard , he's a joy to watch but I get the distinct impression that now , he thinks he's outgrown us and in fairness I agree with him , every season , we fumble through the transfer window barely adding any quality and season on season he basically has to carry the side on his own , if we're struggling , we look to him and nobody else seems capable of sharing the load. I expect he'll go to Madrid in the summer, how we invest the money is anyone's guess £150m buys a lot of investment players.

Agree with this POV to the extent that we need more quality and numbers in attack... the system with 2 and half attackers doesnot really help him.. he gets crowded it out too many times or opposition fouls him.. I just think this 3-5-2 is ultraconservative especially with moses struggling this year.. and no proper Box-Box player who can chip in with goals..

5 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

You know, Eden Hazard really has to pull his finger out. So much speculation regarding his future, and his father stoked the flames a bit with his comments regarding RM... but let's be honest here. He's only been world class maybe 2 full seasons out of the time he's been at Chelsea. His best was under JM during the title winning season, and last season he scored quite a few goals but was less influential IMO. This season, he's looked good in patches, but for the most part he's been pretty flat.

I like him and he's certainly a very good player, but he's 27 years old now and we're still talking about how much he needs to improve. He should be MOTM game after game, but instead Chelsea will have to probably consider this summer if he's really worth turning down a bid in excess of Coutinho's. Would Hazard get into City's side? Not currently. And I think that says a lot. Who would you drop for him? Sane's been consistently good, Sterling's scoring goals, De Bruyne is finally finding consistent form over the course of a season... So who would you really drop?

He's still that guy who CAN be the best rather than the guy who is just flat out the star of the Premier League. I think he should be pretty disappointed with himself so far in his career. I know 2 League titles will count for a lot, but I just feel that he should have been aiming for Ballon D'or at this point in his career and he's not even top 10 comfortably.

You talk about the problem but I dont think the solution is in hazard not performing.. all the teams that you spoke about play much more attacking football than us.. and have superstar attackers... BBC at RM, MSN at Barca, even city has better attacking support.. I will take Aguero over Morata (who has been very hit and miss) every day.. sterling/sane are playing better than Willian/Pedro and KDB over Fabregas..  Team helps a creative player.. right now its easy for the opposition, where you stop Hazard by double/triple teaming him..

I am sorry but I dont understand the frustration about hazard especially since as a club we need to building the team around him.. but I dont see that at all... he will easily improve the city team..

12 minutes ago, jangz said:

I am sorry but I dont understand the frustration about hazard especially since as a club we need to building the team around him.. but I dont see that at all... he will easily improve the city team..

We as a club have failed to support Mourinho , Conte and especially Hazard , he's the gem in an exceptionally mediocre squad , we have decent players but that's what they are , decent EPL players , being flogged to death and overplayed and no more , I agree with Martin that the incessant chopping and changing doesn't help anyone , but the squad is so stupidly tiny.

Hazard must surely look at the level of player we are recruiting and wonder who's gonna help carry the load, being tight at the back helps him not one iota.

xCELERYx   

One thing Hazard doesn't have in comparison to some of the other names is a sense of ruthlessness and selfishness. There was a moment in the Arsenal game where he got the ball with a bit of an opening to strike the ball first time. Instead,  he wanted a couple touches first, the space disappeared and his shot was easily blocked. Sometimes he's got to be more selfish and direct every now and then. 

jangz   
Just now, xCELERYx said:

One thing Hazard doesn't have in comparison to some of the other names is a sense of ruthlessness and selfishness. There was a moment in the Arsenal game where he got the ball with a bit of an opening to strike the ball first time. Instead,  he wanted a couple touches first, the space disappeared and his shot was easily blocked. Sometimes he's got to be more selfish and direct every now and then. 

I get what you are saying but that was the only half decent chance he had in the match.. we hardly created anything FOR him.. you can't judge a player on a once incident in a match..  I actually like his decision making..

xCELERYx   
4 minutes ago, jangz said:

I get what you are saying but that was the only half decent chance he had in the match.. we hardly created anything FOR him.. you can't judge a player on a once incident in a match..  I actually like his decision making..

Not judging him based off that alone, was just using at as a point of reference. He's been guilty of similar over his career and that's a big difference between him and the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and even someone like Neymar. 

Edited by xCELERYx
Spelling

Tricky with Hazard as I do agree he should perform at a high level much more consistently than he does, however the players he has around him don't really help him to achieve that. If you put Hazard in Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG I think he would excel and fast become one of the worlds best.

He is by far our best player, he's potentially too good for us that he's getting held back, but I do agree with those saying he needs to be more selfish and clinical. It will be very interesting to see how he performs at the World Cup.

jangz   
9 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Not judging him based off that alone, was just using at as a point of reference. He's been guilty of similar over his career and that's a big difference between him and the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and even someone like Neymar. 

I understand and probably agree to an extent.. where I am coming from is the fact that you put in top player in a mediocre squad they will still shine but if you put them in with other top players their performance will go to a new level altogether.. simply because of the speed of thought ability to make the difficult pass, lesser pressure etc..  No wonder he links up so well with Fabregas ..

Very hard for him when our tactics are give him the ball and expect him to beat the whole team before scoring. Either that or miss him out altogether with long balls. Feel sorry for him

paulw66   
7 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Very hard for him when our tactics are give him the ball and expect him to beat the whole team before scoring. Either that or miss him out altogether with long balls. Feel sorry for him

Quite. 

The problem is the tactics, not the player. 

When we play that formation, he is the only player who is going to take someone on and with only two attackers on the field at all, he can be marked by two or three defenders. 

Edit - if we started with a Willian / Pedro they would at least occupy a defender.

If Hazard was playing for City, where the opponents have to worrry about 5 or 6 players who could do damage, he would get so much space, he would bang in goals for fun. 

Edited by paulw66

Yep , much as I like Conte , somethings got to change , we are making it easier for our opposition to handle us , not harder , we could argue that with the amount of chances we're missing we're not helping ourselves but , we are so bloody predictable , as Martin and Paul say , Hazard would be scoring for fun if we actually set the side up to help him.