• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Joins Real Madrid

5 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

What do we do with this bloke? All the talent in the world but lacks that x-factor that takes a very good player to superstar level. In games we've needed him most, he's disappeared and been outshone. 

At 27, he's no longer a young upcoming player. Under Conte is arguably been given the least amount of defensive responsibility that he's had under any prior manager - while the most freedom. With constant talks of Real Madrid each season, are we nearing a point where it may just be time to entertain offers and the idea of moving on without him? 

* This isn't a reactionary post regarding the Barca game. Has been on my mind for some time. 

He's a really good player , we all know that , but can we as a club afford to wait constantly for everything to fall into place to allow him to prove it ?

He doesn't like "False nine" we all get that , none of us do either , but last night he was so within himself it was baffling , we could have done with some tracking back but he doesn't like that apparently .

I'm beginning to think we could do without our Belgian contingent before they both run down their contracts and we get nothing , which I suspect is their plan .

We lost Cech because of Courtois playing hardball with the board , we cannot allow more player power to dictate things again.

I'm in the sell camp , the real issue is how wisely Marina will spend the money , you can bet that Conte will ask for player A or B and we'll get player J .

Sell Courtois and Hazard , get Hart and Lennon is my fear.

Dingus   
6 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

What do we do with this bloke? All the talent in the world but lacks that x-factor that takes a very good player to superstar level. In games we've needed him most, he's disappeared and been outshone. 

At 27, he's no longer a young upcoming player. Under Conte is arguably been given the least amount of defensive responsibility that he's had under any prior manager - while the most freedom. With constant talks of Real Madrid each season, are we nearing a point where it may just be time to entertain offers and the idea of moving on without him? 

* This isn't a reactionary post regarding the Barca game. Has been on my mind for some time. 

I think personally that he was probably ready to go after the 14/15 season. 

Then the debacle of 15/16 happened and probably felt he owed us another season. We somehow won the league last year and had it not been for his injury, I reckon he'd have been off in the summer.

He doesn't look interested anymore and I believe he's already made his mind up that he wants to move somewhere else. Right time for him what with it being a World Cup year.

Probably looks at the majority of the players he has to play with compared to when he initially signed and thinks why am I here anymore....

Jasonb   

I think last night harmed our chances of getting big money for Hazard and Courtois.

There is always the world cup for them to shine again yet given the global political climate that is not certain to even go ahead.

I hope we get a new manager early and make decent moves to get the players he wants even if we need to pay higher. Let's hope the Board read some of these posts and take note!

One bad period doesn’t take anything away from Hazard’s value or attractiveness to suitors.

It feels like his head is somewhere else. When he joined 6 years ago I felt he would eventually leave for Madrid and I was OK with that.

We can get £150-200 million for him at today’s prices. Add that to £50 millon for Courtois, and another £120-150  million in other player sales (Luiz, Cahill, Moses, Bats, Pedro and others) and we have a near £400 million transfer budget without being in defecit.

For that we can get two top wingers £120 million total), a top class CM, CB, GK (average £60 million each), and a top striker £100 million and hardly dip into our extra income from CL & Nike (and not having to pay off Adidas), and have a very strong largely young squad for the medium-long term. Bring back Zouma and RLC too, and we are looking good. 

And we will no longer be so dependent on one player whose head is elsewhere. 

Edited by James Prescott

1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

We can get £150-200 million for him at today’s prices.  (Hazard)

I know you are always OTT on transfer prices.  But consider

image.png.d9d1449d558411e426a7fc09ed833a65.png

Hazard is already 27.  Not 19-22 like the real high prices.  He is not an out and out striker.  And he is not even French of Spanish.  And he certainly is not Neymar.  I don't see anyone paying over £80mn for Hazard unless they have just sold someone better to PSG for £200mn.

* approx ages  = year of transfer - year of birth

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I know you are always OTT on transfer prices.  But consider

image.png.d9d1449d558411e426a7fc09ed833a65.png

Hazard is already 27.  Not 19-22 like the real high prices.  He is not an out and out striker.  And he is not even French of Spanish.  And he certainly is not Neymar.  I don't see anyone paying over £80mn for Hazard unless they have just sold someone better to PSG for £200mn.

* approx ages  = year of transfer - year of birth

Interesting that neither us or City appear in that list, but we "buy" our titles. United have spent a fortune and they have bought home the Europa League. 

Also we are absolutely not going to get anything like £50M for Courtois , imho his aim is to keep us dangling whilst he goes to his preferred club for free in a years time , during which time he'll do the bare minimum to help our cause.

If we can get £20M now I'd snatch your hand off.

9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Interesting that neither us or City appear in that list, but we "buy" our titles. United have spent a fortune and they have bought home the Europa League. 

7 defenders in the list.  Man U bought one, 16 years ago.  Liverpool bought the most expensive one.  Man City have bought 4,  
We sold the other one  :) 

Certainly we got a hell of a bang for our buck over 2011-16.  United and (until recently) have bought poorly. image.thumb.png.f98847e2e7472d06a08d48f126931eb9.png

OK, so we buy Bakayoko for £40 million and people think one of the top 3/4 keepers in world football is worth less.

Riiight.

He is worth £50 million for me. 

As for Hazard, at 27 and two years left on his contract, no need to sell, IMO Chelsea won’t even consider a bid of less than £150 million at today’s prices. And will hold out for more.

Morata cost £70 million, Van Dijk £75 million, Hazard is better than them, and better than Coutinho who is only about 18 months younger.

Anyone offers less than £150 million and he stays.

And remember how tough sellers we are. 

Bild are reporting we won’t take less than £53 million for Bats. Courtois and Hazard are both worth more.

Inflation means we’ll get big money for those two. 

Edited by James Prescott

We already need about 3 new top class players, depending on what formation we'll play - a centre mid, at least one attacking mid and an upgrade at RWB. Plus a couple of loanees fighting for places in midfield and up front.

If we sell Courtois and Hazard we'll be needing to buy at least 5 players - which will be prohibitively expensive and again will take a long time for the team to gel, especially with a short pre-season.