• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Joins Real Madrid

31 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

http://www.chelseafc.com/teams/player-of-the-year.html 

So he was Chelsea POTY twice (out of 2.5 or 3 seasons) under JM, and once (out of one) under AC.

But he "apparently" doesn't like it. 

Being Chelsea player of the year , once twice or a hundred times doesn't mean he likes tracking back , I was going on the reports that he didn't like the constraints on his game under JM and that was why  and hence , he no longer tracks back,  although despite doing the square root of nothing against Leicester he did actually track back a couple of times, possibly in his haste to get away from an area where he'd have to take responsibility for his (non) actions.

The comments about not liking Conte were born out of his behaviour when he was asked to put the teams performance before his own glory against City ( which I thought was poor from Conte) and the ignoring Conte and not trying since. 

(You may want to read my later comments on Hazard where I do show some sympathy with his plight.)

I cannot believe you feel everything is hunky dory on the Hazard front ?

He's playing like a ghost at the moment , he's easily the most talented player in the squad but he's simply no longer trying .

paulw66   
25 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Being Chelsea player of the year , once twice or a hundred times doesn't mean he likes tracking back , I was going on the reports that he didn't like the constraints on his game under JM and that was why  and hence , he no longer tracks back,  although despite doing the square root of nothing against Leicester he did actually track back a couple of times, possibly in his haste to get away from an area where he'd have to take responsibility for his (non) actions.

The comments about not liking Conte were born out of his behaviour when he was asked to put the teams performance before his own glory against City ( which I thought was poor from Conte) and the ignoring Conte and not trying since. 

(You may want to read my later comments on Hazard where I do show some sympathy with his plight.)

I cannot believe you feel everything is hunky dory on the Hazard front ?

He's playing like a ghost at the moment , he's easily the most talented player in the squad but he's simply no longer trying .

Maybe he is just out of form. 

Jan / Feb he was on top of his game. 

This snippet is an interview with Xavi on Spanish football I found on ahem. . .  red cafe

This took my eye, Have used bold on the interesting bit

Sorry Eden it just won’t work

Q: You don't think the Bernabeu is demanding?

A: Both sets of fans are demanding, but the difference is that at the Bernabeu the demand is to give your all. They can't stand lazy players. Their reference is the spirit of Juanito. The culture of Madrid is the spirit of Juanito or Camacho. What's Barcelona's culture? It's not Victor Murioz's, or Caldere's. Barcelona's cultura is Cruyff s cultura. And he would turn, look, understand the game and not lose the ball.

Source
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/insightful-interview-with-xavi-hernandez.435340/

GURJ SS   
17 hours ago, southcoastal said:

This snippet is an interview with Xavi on Spanish football I found on ahem. . .  red cafe

This took my eye, Have used bold on the interesting bit

Sorry Eden it just won’t work

Q: You don't think the Bernabeu is demanding?

A: Both sets of fans are demanding, but the difference is that at the Bernabeu the demand is to give your all. They can't stand lazy players. Their reference is the spirit of Juanito. The culture of Madrid is the spirit of Juanito or Camacho. What's Barcelona's culture? It's not Victor Murioz's, or Caldere's. Barcelona's cultura is Cruyff s cultura. And he would turn, look, understand the game and not lose the ball.

Source
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/insightful-interview-with-xavi-hernandez.435340/

Our club is perfect for Hazard, he has zero pressure on needing to perform week in week out, he doesn't need to make something happen when he picks the ball up either, he can pick and choose what he wants to do when he wants to do it.

He moves to a bigger club and he'll find himself on the bench, the big elite clubs can't afford to accommodate a luxury player.

3 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

He moves to a bigger club and he'll find himself on the bench, the big elite clubs can't afford to accommodate a luxury player.

A bigger club? Our aspirations really are dropping. Disappointing.

I’d rather say we can’t afford a luxury player. No club can. Not unless their bench goes round the block.

GURJ SS   
13 minutes ago, blue moon said:

I’d rather say we can’t afford a luxury player. No club can. Not unless their bench goes round the block.

Realistically the likes of R.Madrid and Barca are still bigger clubs, even Man U is; City is still behind but they've over taken us in attracting the bigger players (it's not the aspirations of us fans but more so the club).

We can because we defend with more players than other clubs around us do, so we can afford to have a player who does very little off the ball but then is able to produce something brilliant on the ball (well...when he's feeling up to it). Currently I see us for what we are, a team who is trying to get into the top 4 with players who are supposed to be our bench/res/backup players - I'd only take Dave, Kante, and Hazard, possibly Chris and Zappa too, as starters for a team fighting on all fronts. If we had Salah and De Bruyne as our AMs we'd be in the top 4 right now, simply because when they're on the ball their mentality is to make the opposition pay; where as our AMs mostly recycle possession. 

Vinod   
1 hour ago, blue moon said:

Between 2004 to 2010 we were targetting the Champions League. Now we target Champions League spot. That's a drop.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2018 at 4:25 PM, GURJ SS said:

Realistically the likes of R.Madrid and Barca are still bigger clubs, even Man U is; City is still behind but they've over taken us in attracting the bigger players (it's not the aspirations of us fans but more so the club).

We can because we defend with more players than other clubs around us do, so we can afford to have a player who does very little off the ball but then is able to produce something brilliant on the ball (well...when he's feeling up to it). Currently I see us for what we are, a team who is trying to get into the top 4 with players who are supposed to be our bench/res/backup players - I'd only take Dave, Kante, and Hazard, possibly Chris and Zappa too, as starters for a team fighting on all fronts. If we had Salah and De Bruyne as our AMs we'd be in the top 4 right now, simply because when they're on the ball their mentality is to make the opposition pay; where as our AMs mostly recycle possession. 

What team would you take Zappacosta as starting for exactly the under 18's or 21's?

GURJ SS   
3 hours ago, Nicholas Anelka said:

What team would you take Zappacosta as starting for exactly the under 18's or 21's?

So the list is cut to 4, I did say possibly. Although I think Zappa is better than Moses; far better timing of runs, crosses and positional sense in defensive situations.

GURJ SS   
On 23/03/2018 at 5:35 PM, Vinod said:

Between 2004 to 2010 we were targetting the Champions League. Now we target Champions League spot. That's a drop.

A huge drop too, top 2 and in some seasons even just the champion has put winning the CL as a realistic goal; positions 2/3 to 6 are about getting into the CL, at the moment we're in the lower end of all that.