• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Joins Real Madrid

8 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

So, where should he have been standing?

I think that was a joke aimed at me, not Pulisic.  Admittedly a well disguised joke.

10 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Does that make him a superstar? No, but it might indicate his potential for Chelsea. 

Absolutely 

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think that was a joke aimed at me

Absolutely 😄

Life’s to short to be serious all the time

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

BBC reporting Zidane is going back to Madrid .

Been nice knowing you kid.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

BBC reporting Zidane is going back to Madrid .

Been nice knowing you kid.

Confirmed, so does that mean we want the transfer ban  ?

This article seems to have got overlooked amongst the noise

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/03/06/real-madrids-success-papered-spiralling-costs-now-party-clear/

So they haven't got a pot to p... in,

Thats not to say they or rather Perez may conjour up some magic beans, so lots of flotsam tp shift and deals to be done, a slightly used Ramos anyone ?

19 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/03/06/real-madrids-success-papered-spiralling-costs-now-party-clear/

Thats not to say they or rather Perez may conjour up some magic beans, so lots of flotsam tp shift and deals to be done, a slightly used Ramos anyone ?

Struggling since they were no longer illegally funded by the Spanish government. Seems ok if you are funded by another government entirely, see Man City.

11 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Struggling since they were no longer illegally funded by the Spanish government. Seems ok if you are funded by another government entirely, see Man City.

Ah but only one of these countrys practice democracy, Perez has lost his Govt supporters,  City are mostly safe knowing only a well aimed nuke will mean the loss of their backing.

You are right thou neither are a great advert for the game. . .

43 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

The article looked odd to me, with a sports journalist claiming a fluency in finance that some of his finance jargon suggests is not there.

The comments point to Swiss ramble (a blogger who does know what he is talking about) taking the opposite view - that RM is a big generator of cash.  That seems right to me.  La Liga is not a fair competition, all the TV money goes to 2 clubs, and RM make a fortune.

As for the suggestion that RM couldn't find the £50m downpayment to buy Hazard, its a complete joke.

51 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

The article looked odd to me, with a sports journalist claiming a fluency in finance that some of his finance jargon suggests is not there.

The comments point to Swiss ramble (a blogger who does know what he is talking about) taking the opposite view - that RM is a big generator of cash.  That seems right to me.  La Liga is not a fair competition, all the TV money goes to 2 clubs, and RM make a fortune.

As for the suggestion that RM couldn't find the £50m downpayment to buy Hazard, its a complete joke.

I'm well aware of the Swiss Ramble, And have often linked to his CFC posts on this site in the distant past.

And while I agree Financial jargon coming via a sports journo, He is not the only on the mention Real Madrid parlous financial state, I've heard it Via Sid Lowe podcast as well, Yep they earn money and they spend it.

The Spanish Tv distribution has also recently changed,
https://www.soccerex.com/insight/articles/2018/laliga-s-new-tv-rights-distribution-model-a-level-playing-field

Not perfect but an improvement

Back to Hazard, not convinced he is what they need and they need more than one player even if he feels otherwise, and still recon it would be player exchange if at all.

Anyway all will be revealed. Perez and his maybe found his store of magic beans as Zidane now has him over a barrel