• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Joins Real Madrid

2 minutes ago, Bison said:

Liverpool bought quality players of the right age (Mane, Salah, VDV etc).

We have bought 4 goals a season Pulisic for £58m.

Do you really trust the people in charge to identify & buy players that improve the team in similar fashion to Klopp's Liverpool?

I can only assume you have not seen Pulisic play much. I have. A lot. He definitely has something special about him. 

I've seen a lot of people question his signing based on his stats. Those people have quite clearly not watched him play football as those that have are extremely excited about his arrival. They also haven't looked at his stats properly.

20 years old

127 games for Dortmund :19 goals 26 assists

25 caps for USA: 10 goals 7 assists

Total 

152 games: 29 goals 33 assists.

A goal or assist roughly every 2.5 games.

It gets even better when you look at how may minutes he's actually played, he averages a goal or assist every 147 minutes. 

His stats are comparable to Ronaldo at the same age.

Also, I'd like to know how many 20 year olds are out there right now that have better stats than him. I'd guess not many, if any.

Good luck Eden thanks for the memories absolutely great player for us my favourite ever player and in my opinion most exciting to watch 

JaneB   
4 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Maybe the same types of improvements that Liverpool made with the money they got for their best player Coutinho 

…………..who may end up back over here with us.  Not sure if that would be good or bad since he didn't adapt well at Barca.

Myself and someone late of these forums used to rave about Coutinho to each other when he was at Liverpool.  Hated doing it but when a player is that good you have to suck it up.  Ironic they won the Champions League without him, or perhaps that was the reason, because of a change of formation or something.  So confusing.

Although I've been distracted by other things recently, I do have to say that them winning the CL hasn't been quite as unbearable as I feared, mostly because I've purposely avoided seeing or listening to anything about it.  I'm told it was a poor match and beating Spurs doesn't really seem like a proper CL Final anyway.  Very Spursy yet again.  

54 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Although I've been distracted by other things recently, I do have to say that them winning the CL hasn't been quite as unbearable as I feared, mostly because I've purposely avoided seeing or listening to anything about it.  I'm told it was a poor match and beating Spurs doesn't really seem like a proper CL Final anyway.  Very Spursy yet again.  

Me too. Missed the game. Avoided all press and media since. It’s like it never happened.

So far.

Also enjoying the fact that Spurs have had their best season in living memory and they have STILL finished below us and won nothing.

JaneB   
3 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Me too. Missed the game. Avoided all press and media since. It’s like it never happened.

So far.

Also enjoying the fact that Spurs have had their best season in living memory and they have STILL finished below us and won nothing.

Ha ha!!! If only it had never happened although the alternative was even worse!!! Rest assured, in the build up to the new season we will hear nothing else 😩

(I wonder if Pochettino fancies coming here and bringing Harry Kane with him?) Just saying. 

5 hours ago, Bison said:

Do you really trust the people in charge to identify & buy players that improve the team in similar fashion to Klopp's Liverpool?

On some occasions, yes. On others, no. Right now, it’s going to be tricky attracting any established quality, with this 18 month limbo period hanging over us, even if it is delayed. 

48 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

So far.

I'm sure their usual canned excuses are ready. "Chelsea spend more money, that's how they win, wah wah wah".

Re: Eden at Madrid. It will probably be the first time I will monitor a post-Chelsea career closely. Any others thinking they might follow Madrid more closely for this reason too? It's absolute credit to Eden for being the player he is that I'm even considering this possibility.

Usually I am apathetic to how our legends have got on after leaving us. But this time feels different. Perhaps because a CL medal is missing from his honours, and it feels like his career wouldn't be complete without one. Such a shame he didn't win one with us. And also different on this occasion is that our previous legends didn't leave to a "bigger step". It was sideways or downwards after us. This is the first time we've been in the "feeder club" position that Arsenal, Liverpool etc. ( and ManU with Ronaldo ) felt. 

3 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I'm sure their usual canned excuses are ready. "Chelsea spend more money, that's how they win, wah wah wah".

Re: Eden at Madrid. It will probably be the first time I will monitor a post-Chelsea career closely. Any others thinking they might follow Madrid more closely for this reason too? It's absolute credit to Eden for being the player he is that I'm even considering this possibility.

Usually I am apathetic to how our legends have got on after leaving us. But this time feels different. Perhaps because a CL medal is missing from his honours, and it feels like his career wouldn't be complete without one. Such a shame he didn't win one with us. And also different on this occasion is that our previous legends didn't leave to a "bigger step". It was sideways or downwards after us. This is the first time we've been in the "feeder club" position that Arsenal, Liverpool etc. ( and ManU with Ronaldo ) felt. 

True. However, this is also because we as a club have not strengthen when in a position. For me, our transfers between 2015 to now  (and particuarlly Summer 15 and 17) are the key reason we are now at that level. Kante is the only player we have brought that we can say was a bona fide world class player when signed.

Edited by Conte Kante
  • Like 1

chara   
7 hours ago, JaneB said:

…………..who may end up back over here with us.  Not sure if that would be good or bad since he didn't adapt well at Barca.

Myself and someone late of these forums used to rave about Coutinho to each other when he was at Liverpool.  Hated doing it but when a player is that good you have to suck it up.  Ironic they won the Champions League without him, or perhaps that was the reason, because of a change of formation or something.  So confusing.

Yep..me too...not followed anything except the basic result....if I don't acknowledge it then it is a non event...

28 minutes ago, chara said:

Yep..me too...not followed anything except the basic result....if I don't acknowledge it then it is a non event...

Exactly.