• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Joins Real Madrid

Recommended Posts

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Buy him back for £50m next summer? 

 

so Real Madrid will lose a few pounds........ boom, boom.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

Taking this deadly seriously rather than the jovial tone I expect it was meant in ...

Even if this is true, I doubt it really means much. It's not unusual for weight to vary by 3 or 4kg depending on fairly mundane things, and I'd happily wager another few kgs weight gain is pretty standard for the summer … The whole point of a pre-season is to condition and get back fitness. There's good clicking to be had from being negative about Real Madrid right now, so why not run with the story.

Edited by thevelourfog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Taking this deadly seriously rather than the jovial tone I expect it was meant in ...

Even if this is true, I doubt it really means much. It's not unusual for weight to vary by 3 or 4kg depending on fairly mundane things, and I'd happily wager another few kgs weight gain is pretty standard for the summer … The whole point of a pre-season is to condition and get back fitness. There's good clicking to be had from being negative about Real Madrid right now, so why not run with the story.

I was actually being semi-serious. I really think Hazard is going to have a problem at Real as he is not really a Galatico from an advertising/commercial point of view as he is very low key in his life and second because he has esstentially got to replace C.Ronaldo in terms of leadership and goals, both of which he has never really shown in his career; although not being kicked up in the air constantly may help.

As a result, when Zidane invariably leaves I can see the board/president wanting him out as he does not bring in enough commercial revenue and I can see the fans getting on his back because he is not scoring 40-60 goals a season. 

Lastly, I have always been of the opinion that Hazard will decline fairly rapidly as he ages because he does not strike me as being someone that works hard on his fitness/condition/diet (this is purely speculation on my part.) I have said before in an ideal world we would have kept him for this season and then sold him as I reckon he only has 1-4 (at a strech) great seasons left and if he picks up a bad injury that would probably accelerate his decline. My comparison is Rooney, who was still operating at the top level until around 30-31 then completely fell off him terms of performance and consistency. 

Edited by Conte Kante
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
14 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

 

Lastly, I have always been of the opinion that Hazard will decline fairly rapidly as he ages because he does not strike me as being someone that works hard on his fitness/condition/diet (this is purely speculation on my part.)

I actually don't think he is naturally fit, irrespective of the work he puts in.

Can see him filling out when he retires. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

I have said before in an ideal world we would have kept him for this season and then sold him as I reckon he only has 1-4 (at a strech) great seasons left and if he picks up a bad injury that would probably accelerate his decline. My comparison is Rooney, who was still operating at the top level until around 30-31 then completely fell off him terms of performance and consistency. 

Snipped because I, in part, agree with you; Real is a fairly toxic club at the best of times, I don't especially rate Zidane as a manager in a 'week-in, week-out' sense and I think their squad is a fair bit behind their domestic and European competitors, so I can see the move not working as hoped just as easily as I can see it being a huge success. 

If I'm being awkward though, '1-4' seasons great seasons isn't the boldest prediction; that's a pretty big margin of error to give yourself and even then you're looking at Hazard tailing off at around the age you'd expect a player of his style and type to do so. 

I hope he does well, if only because I'd hate to see him elsewhere if it goes wrong and he's made part of a Real fire sale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally , I expect Mourinho is ironing his Real Madrid pyjamas in readiness for the inevitable call.

Zidane won't last longer than the first international break . Good . He's a dick . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

so Real Madrid will lose a few pounds........ boom, boom.

Is that the sound of Hazard sitting his ample cheeks down?

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I actually don't think he is naturally fit, irrespective of the work he puts in.

Can see him filling out when he retires. 

Yup.  Full on Prince Naseem Hamed stylee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zidane won't last the season, which not many will be upset about, amazing player, lucky coach and seemingly a bit of a knob as a person. 

I do worry for Hazard though, I don't think he'll fit in at Madrid and won't be what the fans want or expect. They will want him at peak performance week in week out for 90 mins at a time... that isn't Hazard. That's one of the things that always frustrated me about him, but I forgave him as I knew how lucky we were to have someone of his quality at our club. 

I can see Hazard being the scapegoat as soon as things go south over there, he'll be the easy target, unfortunately. I expect he'll last a couple of seasons and then move on... maybe back to Chelsea, but I kind of hope not as I don't think he'll be the same player at that point. We probably had the majority of Hazard's best seasons, to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now