• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Joins Real Madrid

jangz   
24 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Zidane won't last the season, which not many will be upset about, amazing player, lucky coach and seemingly a bit of a knob as a person. 

I do worry for Hazard though, I don't think he'll fit in at Madrid and won't be what the fans want or expect. They will want him at peak performance week in week out for 90 mins at a time... that isn't Hazard. That's one of the things that always frustrated me about him, but I forgave him as I knew how lucky we were to have someone of his quality at our club. 

I can see Hazard being the scapegoat as soon as things go south over there, he'll be the easy target, unfortunately. I expect he'll last a couple of seasons and then move on... maybe back to Chelsea, but I kind of hope not as I don't think he'll be the same player at that point. We probably had the majority of Hazard's best seasons, to be honest.

looking over at Barcelona.. I think Hazard will need support... our like you say he will become the under performing star... I really struggle to understand Real's transfer policy this time around.. they went for the two young brazilians, 21 year old Jovic, and a 28 year old Hazard.. and are being linked to Pogba..  I dont think their fans have the patience to see the younger trio makes mistakes develop and learn..

I think they missed the buss with Neymar and Mbappe who were superstars at 19.. so they for a period wanted to buy young but after last season realise how far they have fallen behind barcelona who further strengthened with Greizman...

having watched RM recently they look confuse.. they seem to want to get rid of players without buyers.. squad looks fragmanted and a coach who despite winning doesnt instill confidence in any one..

Bison   
2 minutes ago, Sir said:

How’s he done for them in pre-season?

Didn't do great early on - looked like he gained some weight over the holidays and looked a little sluggish.

Scored a really good goal yesterday though and is starting to look sharp again.

Sir   
Just now, Bison said:

Didn't do great early on - looked like he gained some weight over the holidays and looked a little sluggish.

Scored a really good goal yesterday though and is starting to look sharp again.

Thanks. I’m sure he’ll be fit and firing by the time their season starts.

Kezza   

It seems to me from the topic of this thread we are still not letting this guy go.

On 08/08/2019 at 10:28 PM, Sir said:

Lovely goal. Miss the guy already.

Yes always a player whose youtube highlights made his contribution look better than the reality. We didn't miss him yesterday as it was exactly the sort of game he would have gone missing in.

Bison   
1 hour ago, fillerywhereru said:

Yes always a player whose youtube highlights made his contribution look better than the reality. We didn't miss him yesterday as it was exactly the sort of game he would have gone missing in.

Indeed! We can't have any players go missing in a 4-0 defeat. Goals and assists? No thanks, pal.

• Haha 1

On 12/08/2019 at 10:44 AM, Bison said:

Indeed! We can't have any players go missing in a 4-0 defeat. Goals and assists? No thanks, pal.

He provided none of either at all away from home to the top 5 in the league last season.