• Current Donation Goals

Blue_Fever

Official: Eden Hazard Joins Real Madrid

Ham   
10 hours ago, King Kante said:

They are just going back to their rightful place. There was only so long they could get away with their model without a) spending serious dollar and b) having a great academy. Next season they are going to need an entire back line as both Vertonghen and Alderweirald are going to cash in for a last contract, Rose wants out and Aurier is a walking red card that they unsuccesfully tried to flog this summer. That leaves them with Sanchez and Davis. 

After that they then need to replace Erikson, whilst also keeping Kane, Lloris and Ali happy. 

9 hours ago, chara said:

Glad you raised the question as I really wanted some answers myself....good responses from the guys but still a funny situation there...like most clubs I guess a lot goes on behind closed doors but strange that with a new amazing venue there seems to be so much festering....not that I care of course..my dislike of them goes back to the old Double side..not the players but the huge jumping on the bandwagon by kids I knew who didn't do any sports and didn't previously show any interest in supporting a club or following the game itself...but that is hardly a unique course of events!

By all accounts the dressing room is toxic.

A number of players were made aware in the summer that Poch didn't want them but Levy was Levy and refused to sell below an exorbitant figure and so they were left with offended players.

Eriksen wanted his dream move but again, Levy was Levy. Also didn't help that Vertonghen allegedly slept with Eriksen's missus. 

There are apparently factions within the dressing room over the last issue and a generally unmotivated squad more generally.

Poch will be in Madrid or Old Trafford by the end of the season at this rate.

jangz   
10 minutes ago, Ham said:

Eriksen wanted his dream move but again, Levy was Levy. Also didn't help that Vertonghen allegedly slept with Eriksen's missus. 

this one seems like twitter mischief than anything substantial..

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

By all accounts the dressing room is toxic.

A number of players were made aware in the summer that Poch didn't want them but Levy was Levy and refused to sell below an exorbitant figure and so they were left with offended players.

There are apparently factions within the dressing room over the last issue and a generally unmotivated squad more generally.

Poch will be in Madrid or Old Trafford by the end of the season at this rate.

It's a vicious circle at Spurs ,they're all on long contracts , they're all on lower than usual wages , they are almost trapped because Levy values them higher than any buying club would . Enslaved to a vampire overlord.

Spurs' team has come to the end of it's run, it's largely the same team and even squad that they've had for the last few seasons and in this sport you can only go so long without making changes - look how often SAF had a rebuild at Man Utd and usually before anyone else thought it was needed. It's not an easy thing to do and I don't think Poch will stick around to see it through, but Spurs are on the edge of needing a massive rebuild due to lack of investment in the squad - time has caught up with them.

We're fortunate that our club knows how to handle a rebuild and have been able to cope with it, but at the very top level, you need to keep things moving and changing. Teams will eventually find you out otherwise and players will get bored, especially when trophies aren't being won.

11 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's a vicious circle at Spurs ,they're all on long contracts , they're all on lower than usual wages , they are almost trapped because Levy values them higher than any buying club would . Enslaved to a vampire overlord.

That bold bit did make me laugh 🤣🤣. Tbf, I would love to get Eriksen on a free just for the banter. That said, next summer/this Jan there are some very good players on frees/low buy outs. For me the stand outs are: 

Eriksen - 27 - Free 

Savic - 28 - Free 

Alderweirald - 30 - Free 

Cavani - 32 - Free 

Werner - 23 - €30m 

I hope the club are sniffing around some of those players, particuarlly Werner (covers CF and a AM position) and Savic/Alderweirald (would bring more experience and allow us to cash in on Zouma) as it would allow us room to a complete blow out on a Sancho calibur player. 

21 minutes ago, King Kante said:

That said, next summer/this Jan there are some very good players on frees/low buy outs.

"Free" means nothing of the sort.  It just means the man selling the asset is the player himself + his agent, and not the former club.  Players don't come cheap if "free".  Indeed it generally means that they come with very aggressive agents determined to make a lot of money.

The same applies to buyouts.  Buyouts aren't an option for the buying club, they are an option for the agent+player to pocket the difference between the buyout level and the market value of the player.

JaneB   
12 hours ago, jangz said:

this one seems like twitter mischief than anything substantial..

Swap JT for Vertonghen and it would be 100% 'fact' 🙄

jangz   

Congrats to the little magician for another piece of little magic.. God Bless the Hazard family!

Jasonb   
On 03/10/2019 at 2:56 PM, My Blood Is Blue said:

Spurs' team has come to the end of it's run, it's largely the same team and even squad that they've had for the last few seasons and in this sport you can only go so long without making changes - look how often SAF had a rebuild at Man Utd and usually before anyone else thought it was needed. It's not an easy thing to do and I don't think Poch will stick around to see it through, but Spurs are on the edge of needing a massive rebuild due to lack of investment in the squad - time has caught up with them.

I think that is a good post.

I suspect the combination of uncertainty surrounding their manager and players like Christensen, Alderweirald and Kane either through age or desperation to win something are looking to move. It is a cream of a football generation that have kept Spurs competing in the top 4.

Not sure whether this constitutes a full rebuild though certainly is major surgery!

They would still have some decent players in Alli, Son and Winks though how long do you leave it if there is bad atmosphere in the changing room.

4 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I think that is a good post.

I suspect the combination of uncertainty surrounding their manager and players like Christensen, Alderweirald and Kane either through age or desperation to win something are looking to move. It is a cream of a football generation that have kept Spurs competing in the top 4.

Not sure whether this constitutes a full rebuild though certainly is major surgery!

They would still have some decent players in Alli, Son and Winks though how long do you leave it if there is bad atmosphere in the changing room.

I think they can avoid a massive rebuild if Levy acts quickly, but leave it much longer and they'll be in real trouble. The problem they'll have is the number of good players they've let run down contracts at the same time, meaning they will lose quality without topping up the transfer kitty and after the stadium build, you would think that transfer kitty is already relatively small.

They will have to make some big decisions in the summer and look at who they can let go to help fund players coming in... Kane being the obvious one, but can't see Levy letting that happen and to be honest other than Kane, I don't see many players there that would demand a decent fee. Levy's stubbornness has caught up with him in my opinion.

The other decision they need to make is about the manager, is he the right man to rebuild this side and does he even have the hunger to do it?

Speaking of Spurs, did anyone see the penalty for Watford that wasn't given by VAR? If that isn't overturned into a penalty, then I can't see many (any) being overturned to penalties all season.