• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sir

Live Match Thread: Chelsea V Manchester United

Sir   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the Premier League match against Manchester United, before and during the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this unmoderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is at 16:00 hrs, Sunday, 5th February 2012, at Stamford Bridge.

Don't forget to join ClubCFCnet it's only £1 per month http://www.clubcfcnet.com

Fergie has started his mind games saying, "We've got no luck" at Chelsea, Howard Webb in charge & no wins in 6(D2 L4) when he has officiated matches between us and United. We're screwed!

Scooba   

Hopefully if the players turn up and webby has his blue nose on then we might actually win this. AVB is not a motivator which probably explains why we fail against the lower teams however this game will have the players motivated and being at home with the fans behind them then we might just about be ok (with a bit of luck!).

AVB's lineup

Cech

Ivanovic-Luiz-Terry-Bos/Ferreira/Essien/Malouda (basically anybody but Bertrand)

Miereless-Romeu-Lampard (he'll be fit for this game right?)

Sturridge-Torres-Mata

Bench: Turnbull, Ferreira, Bertrand, Cahill, Essien, Malouda, Lulu

My lineup

Cech

Ivanovic-Luiz-Terry-Bertrand

------------Romeu

----Ess---------------Lampard

------------Mata

-----Sturridge----Torres

Bench:Turnbull, Ferreira, Cahill, Malouda, miereles, Piazon, Lulu

No width in my lineup but we have no wide players, if I put Malouda on there It would be blasphemy on these forums.

Chelsea 2-1 United

My lineup

Cech

Ivanovic-Luiz-Terry-Bertrand

------------Romeu

----Ess---------------Lampard

------------Mata

-----Sturridge----Torres

Bench:Turnbull, Ferreira, Cahill, Malouda, miereles, Piazon, Lulu

No width in my lineup but we have no wide players, if I put Malouda on there It would be blasphemy on these forums.

Chelsea 2-1 United

You want to play Bertrand against United and yet offer no protection for him when defending by suggesting a midfield diamond? Brilliant.

Not feeling very confident.

Can see us losing comprehensively and to be honest, quite embarrassingly. A 1-4 loss (or worse) isn't beyond the realm of possibility.

Is Lampard fit and ready to return? Mikel? Is Essien strong enough to start? I'd want to see a Essien-Mikel-Lampard midfield (our best constellation in my view) but think it would be too soon for this game.