• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sir

Live Match Thread: Chelsea V Birmingham City

Sir   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the FA Cup match against Birmingham City, before and during the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this unmoderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is at 12:30 hrs, Saturday, 18th February 2012, at Stamford Bridge.

Don't forget to join ClubCFCnet it's only £1 per month http://www.clubcfcnet.com

Sir   

Right, very important game, and in reality, we really should be thinking of winning this one. Bear in mind we have the away leg in the Champions Lerague three days later, so that may play in to the mind of AVB in terms of team selection.

This is early. Wish it will apply to all other future matches as well. :)

Anyway, I actually would like to see us starting with a back 5, including the GK, of Englishmen. Just out of interest. :)

Play the kids. It's what big clubs do in crappy cup competitions and we clearly HAVE to save people for the league. We'd be better losing in the CL as well, to be honest, as the squad isn't capable of more than one push when AVB refuses to rotate even plainly injured and tired players(who was shocked that he managed to kill Cole?)and keeps in his countrymen even when ten year olds can see how bad they are? After Goodison and taking off Essien and Mata when they were among the five players trying I've lost all faith in AVB and I didn't ever have much and tyrying to tell me the FA cupt matters when fourth should be our only, ONLY targetmakes me shudder at the short sightedness. Why do people have faith in AVB? What has he done to suggest, in his career, he can do this? we ARE worse under him than any manager in recent memory and now the fa matters? After JT we shouldn't play in it.

Sea foot   

If Bos, Flo and Raul start, I'm not gonna watch it, I've got some fresh paint needs to be watched, at least I know that it will dry eventually.

Sir   

Play the kids. It's what big clubs do in crappy cup competitions and we clearly HAVE to save people for the league. We'd be better losing in the CL as well, to be honest, as the squad isn't capable of more than one push when AVB refuses to rotate even plainly injured and tired players(who was shocked that he managed to kill Cole?)and keeps in his countrymen even when ten year olds can see how bad they are? After Goodison and taking off Essien and Mata when they were among the five players trying I've lost all faith in AVB and I didn't ever have much and tyrying to tell me the FA cupt matters when fourth should be our only, ONLY targetmakes me shudder at the short sightedness. Why do people have faith in AVB? What has he done to suggest, in his career, he can do this? we ARE worse under him than any manager in recent memory and now the fa matters? After JT we shouldn't play in it.

The FA Cup is a 'crappy competition.' It's a sad, sad day. If you really think this, and whoever else feels this way, then you've become far too spoilt.

Chrisb   

We're gonna win and we're gonna play good attacking football doing it. This game is important imo, it's the F.A. Cup and I'd like to see us do well in it. IF we put in a good performance here it could just kick us on with the league too. I'm trying to stay optimistic but it's getting harder.

Well, lose here and our season has really tailed off. Sure, a CL run would go some way saving this bs season but let's be totally honest. Does anyone seriously see us progressing past Napoli?