• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CostaTheBlue

2012 Cricket Thread

Yet another batting collapse from England, this time it was against Sri Lanka. Hopefully we can turn this Test around but it's going to be very difficult with the way our batting line-up performs.

This team is going downhill, the only way to stop it is to drop Pietersen, Anderson and the other underperforming players.

The team is NOT going downhill... we are very good at home, and on the generally greener fields found in New Zealand, Australia and South Africa. Against teams from the Indian sub-continent on their own patch we have always struggled. Dust bowls, spinners... we just don't play in those conditions often enough for the batsmen to learn the different ways the ball can move and how to play them.

As for you constantly slating Anderson, for example, you clearly show your lack of cricketing knowledge. For a start he was by far our most dangerous bowler in their 1st innings, which given he's a seamer and it's a spinners wicket, a "five for" was a good return. He's also not only England's primary strike bowler who consistently either takes wickets or bowls in such a mean manner that batsmen take chances against the bowlers at the other end and throw their wickets away that way, but he's generally acclaimed around the cricketing world as one of the best, most consistent seam bowlers currently playing!

England lost the first test. It all seems to havegone wrong for England since last summer. I really hope we aren't going back to where we were in the early 2000's.

CFC1966   

England lost the first test. It all seems to havegone wrong for England since last summer. I really hope we aren't going back to where we were in the early 2000's.

It's all Anderson's fault...

Liverlad   

It's all Anderson's fault...

I know, his five-for was particularly embarrassing. Second most international wickets for England ever just behind Botham? Any decent bowler would have be number one on that list...

CFC1966   

I know, his five-for was particularly embarrassing. Second most international wickets for England ever just behind Botham? Any decent bowler would have be number one on that list...

Now now Liverlad, don't be introducing facts and figures into a debate just to prove that Anderson is nowhere near as poor as TorresTheBlue would have us believe!

I just think England should start playing younger players. The likes of Pietersen, Anderson, Bell, etc were playing for England back in 2005. It's time to move on.

I just think England should start playing younger players. The likes of Pietersen, Anderson, Bell, etc were playing for England back in 2005. It's time to move on.

KP is "only" 31, Jimmy 29 (and currently one of the best opening bowlers in the world), as is Bell. All have at least a couple more years in them at the very top. Who exactly do you suggest replace them right now?

Good to see Young Torres the blue is still fascinating us with his cricketing insights.

Off to the oval this weekend to watch Sussex do a job on Surrey.

Sri Lanka: 275 all out

England: 151-1

For the first time since August, England are actually in a good position. You just know the inevitable collapse is around the corner though. Here's hoping we build a lead and our bowlers start to perform.