Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chelseaboy89

Barca Away

0 posts in this topic

So who is making the trip to Barca?

I'm tempted to book the trip although all cheap flights seem to have gone now (wish I had taken the gamble like some people and booked before the Benfica game!!). It all depends on if I could get the time off work as well, but I'm looking into options. Most likely if I could go I would just have to go on the Tuesday and back on Weds.

Those of you going, or thinking of going.....anyone know of good deals still avaliable to go there?

My plans are sorted, Arsenal away on Saturday 21st, then straight to Gatwick after the game for an EasyJet flight to Alicante and visit my dad for a couple of days, train from Alicante to Barca on the Tuesday morning of the game, followed by beers and a dramatic Chelsea victory (dreams do come true occasionally !!) I fly back to Bristol on Wednesday afternoon with EasyJet, when I booked the return flight on Wednesday night the price went up as I booked it, what was a £38.99 one way fare on Tuesday is now £103, this whole country is a piss take !!!

Risca - I was well up for going to Barca but didn't dare to take the gamble and upset the football Gods. Now the return flight is something like £200 Monday to Wednesday. Add two nights in a hotel, money for booze (and a little food), match ticket and transport and I'm looking at £450.

Considering I absolutely detest FC Barcelona and that I'm not too impressed with the city itself it feels like a lot of money to shell out when you know they'll get as many dodgy decisions they need to get through...

I might change my mind. We'll see I guess.

What are the cheapest airways to go with? I'm just thinking, is the £239 (excluding your match ticket) really that over priced?

As ridiculous as it may sound, you may get a good deal getting a ferry to France, then a flight/coach or whatever to Spain. Although, it is a lot of hassle.

I'm (actually the wife is!) looking into going over to Spain for a weeks holiday and travelling to the match whilst I'm there so as to avoid the overpriced day before/after air fares. Won't work out much more expensive.

Tuesday to Wednesday from bristol booked at half time of barca vs ac Milan for £18.99 return including taxes ! cheap as chips

Its looking like the official day trip might just be my best bet if I do decide to go. Could get cheaper flights if a take a couple of extra days out there, but I wont get that time off work. I'm going to see over next few days and decide, still 50/50 on this trip.

Booked. Flying from Southend to Barcelona on the 19th and then on to Santa Susanna for a few days, back to Barcelona on the 24th for the match with overnight stay then back to Santa Susanna 'till the 26th then home. Will have a car out there so anyone else who's around the area let me know if you want a lift! All flights and all inclusive 7 nights in Santa Susanna cost £450 for two of us!

So is the £239.00 price from Thomas Cook not include the price of the match ticket then?

It mentions something about taking the money for the ticket once they know the price. How much do you reckon the match tickets will cost?

It mentions something about taking the money for the ticket once they know the price. How much do you reckon the match tickets will cost?

Tickets for Barca (a) Semi Final in 2009 were £66.50 each.

Can't see them being any cheaper this time round.