• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sir

Live Match Thread: Chelsea V Tottenham Hotspur

Sir   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the FA Cup match against Tottenham Hotspur, before and during the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this unmoderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is at 18:00 hrs, Sunday, 15th April 2012, at Wembley Stadium.

Don't forget to join ClubCFCnet it's only £1 per month http://www.clubcfcnet.com

The players have 5 days to rest and prepare for this game. Hoping or rather expecting more energy & urgency from them against Spurs!

Ivanovic will be forced to miss out after the FA slaps him with a 3-match ban for "apparently" punching Shaun Maloney. What a farcical group of people. "Apparent" punches get 3-match bans. Attempting to off an opponents' leg (see Balotelli on Song) isn't punished because one official said he saw it.

We need to prioritise where we want to be...if it was up to me I would stick a youth team at wembley sticking two fingers up to the FA and the TV commisioners and have a fresh team for Barcelona because we are not doing ourselves any justice by playing the 1st team in so many matches. They aint spring chickens any more lets face it this is probably the worst squad of players we have had for 10 years. Forget the FA cup even if it is tottenham couldn't care less....

TreeGeek   

I fully expect the same type of match it was at Stamford Bridge when it ended 0-0. Very closed. I think there will be overtimes which is basically the worst possible outcome before the Barca game, we might aswell just lose delibaritely in regular time if it becomes likely that the match will go to overtime. ;)

Although, I fully agree with The Away Mob's post. :)

Sir   

Negative nelly time.... But I can't see us going through, unfortunately. Spurs, basically being Spurs, an all that.

Negative nelly time.... But I can't see us going through, unfortunately. Spurs, basically being Spurs, an all that.

Just hoping it doesn't go to extra time though.

Somehow these players don't seem to understand that the league is more important than the cups, so I expect we'll at least see a bit more effort than at Fulham. We're not actually as good a football team as Tottenham though, so I don't hold much hope. Whoever plays in our back four are going to have to carry us through, as they have for most of the season.

I can't see us going through, unfortunately. Spurs, basically being Spurs, an all that.

What, that they're a sh&te bunch of bottlers who remember all too well how bad a record they have against us in the last 20 years? :-)

Let's put them to the sword and make up for that game in 2008 I've tried my best to forget.