Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheGhost of John McNaught

Barca Away Tickets - Amnesty Revoked?!?

0 posts in this topic

Has anyone else noticed this, reproduced from TOCWS?

Monday 16th April until 5pm: Supporters on the UEFA away scheme can purchase one ticket.

Ticket prices

Tickets for this match are priced at £73.50. We have received an allocation of 4697.

UEFA away scheme

Scheme holders will be given a priority period where they can purchase a ticket. Failure to purchase within this reservation period will not result in removal from the scheme, however a seat will no longer be guaranteed. Supporters will then need to purchase tickets in the relevant purchasing period.

For this match scheme holders who DO NOT purchase a ticket WILL be removed from the scheme. All supporters who purchase a ticket but DO NOT collect them will be removed from the scheme.

All very severe, and the usual spiel, but there's no mention of the Amnesty that Euro Preference Scheme Members have been enjoying this Season - I.e. we are permitted to not buy ONE Away ticket (miss more than one and you get chucked off the Scheme blah blah)

I've bought every Euro Away ticket this Season so far, but I can't go to Barcelona. If I don't buy it, will I lose preference for a Final ticket, should we progress to Munich?

I suppose that, as a Season Ticket Holder, I'd be in with a fair shout of one anyway, but...

If you want to guarantee a ticket for the final, without travelling to Barca, you could get in touch with someone, and ask them to get their ticket through yourself. That way, you won't be removed from the scheme.

Well indeed Joe, that is always an option providing you can find someone trustworthy to take on the ticket. As it happens, that's exactly what I ended up doing (along with a couple of other mates who were in a similar position). But officially it's not permitted. You take the risk that the person using your ticket doesn't get caught with it after misbehaving, where potentially they could trace the ticket back and punish the original purchaser for allowing someone else to use it. Tell them to chuck the stub away once inside, just in case! Anyone can get stitched up by el plod, guilty or not.

Of course, after last nights terrific performance and tantalising result, there will now be many more Blues keen to get out there, so anyone needing to sell their ticket shouldn't be left holding!

But my original query is still hanging up there - if someone on this Seasons Euro Away Scheme doesn't buy their Barca Away ticket, is the 'One Ticket Amnesty' still valid, and if not, will it impact on that persons presumed preference for a possible Final seat, and/or jeopardise that persons invite to join the Euro Preference Scheme for next Season? I guess only an email to the Club will answer that...

Well indeed Joe, that is always an option providing you can find someone trustworthy to take on the ticket. As it happens, that's exactly what I ended up doing (along with a couple of other mates who were in a similar position). But officially it's not permitted. You take the risk that the person using your ticket doesn't get caught with it after misbehaving, where potentially they could trace the ticket back and punish the original purchaser for allowing someone else to use it. Tell them to chuck the stub away once inside, just in case! Anyone can get stitched up by el plod, guilty or not.

I know what you're saying. Be careful who you sell it to then, because you're right in that fact that they would probably track you down. You should try ringing Chelsea FC up, and seeing what their policy is.

Another option would be to create an account on the Ticket Exchange thing on here, and sell your ticket on there.

You have a few options, but don't do anything rash. (Sorry, I don't mean to patronise you)