Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueboy26

Wembley Today Vs Spurs

0 posts in this topic

Just wondered how peopled rated our support today?

Obviously the second half was good , but that was to be expected given the scoreline. I thought 1st half was pretty poor , but still better than the carling cup final vs Spurs a few years back and the FA cup semi vs Villa.

Spurs were worse than I expected. Only have one song that they can all get going too and didn't imagine the exodus that occurred once the goals started flying in.

On the box the atmosphere was ok but disappointing when you think how big an occasion, Spuds our biggest rivals and plenty of time to get the vocal chords lubricated on a Sunday afternoon.

We sung more but Spurs when they did get their 2 songs going were louder , however this is always the case at Wembley and at the Millenium, other teams are louder . When you think how tickets are distributed ie Season Ticket holders get priority and how quiet the MH Upper and East Stand are then it shows that our ST holders must be a relatively quiet bunch compared to other teams .

I was badly placed in being relatively near the front of the lower tier - I could turn around and *see* the upper tiers giving (what looked like) great support...but the acoustics of Wembley meant I found it difficult to hear very clearly.

It's hard to compete with Tottenham's slow song when our most vocal fans these days are too spread out at Wembley, but any credit their fans had disappeared due to 87.36% of them having already arrived back home by the time the final whistle blew.

on telly they came across ok, but if reports are true, not shutting up during the minutes silence for hillsborough and that italian kid is disgraceful. unfortunately things like these just do happen, as every club, chelsea included, has a contingent of idiots amongst them.

if true, and as said I wasn't there so can only go by reports elsewhere, this leaves a very bad taste on an otherwise great afternoon

I thought the atmosphere was one of the better ones at Wembley that I can remember. Obviously people were spread out, but it seemed overall to get going more than sone of the previous ones there, the Spurs Carling Cup Final especially. I was in 503, but it did seem most of the noise was starting in the upper tier, but actually spread around our whole end which it often hasn't in the past.

The minute's silence was disappointing, especially given tye tragic death of the Italian footballer on Saturday. But the Hillsborough silence was always going to be contentious; just listen to the 'murderers'/'you killed your own fans' chants whenever we play Liverpool, and the fact there's always an idiotic minority who won't distinguish between the so-called 'murderers' and the 96 fans who lost their lives. Also the whole issue of whether Liverpool should play on the Sunday, and us being forced to play a Sunday 6pm before the Barca game just provides extra fuel for those who want to disrupt it.

The atmosphere at Wembley is usually poor whoever is playing there (having seen England and Playoff finals too). However, Sunday was definitely one of the better days, which is most likely down to people who wanted a drink having had a full day on the juice!

I was in 510. Atmosphere was good from gates 503 to 515 I think and then it spread more and more. Shame about the boos and chanting during the silence.