• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nick89

Official: Chelsea Sack Di Matteo

Good luck RDM, you're gonna need it!!

If he thought the pressure was tough when he took over, it's gonna be a whole different ball game now, totally different. Half of me is pleased, half of me isn't so pleased. I love the guy for what he's done, his achievements here are nothing short of monumental, but some of what we saw from him in the league was worrying. AVB didn't care when players needed to be dropped, but will RDM make the big decisions that need to be made? I'm not so sure. The whole 'pally pally' nature with the players is something that worries me as well, you're the MANAGER, not their best buddies. When **** needs to happen, I hope he does it.

Two year contract is interesting, though. Personally speaking, I'm not sure he will be able to see that out.

Our league form wasnt worring. In fact in the circumstances in which he took over the team, plus the fact that we were also battling for and winning two major trophies our league form was pretty good. Only the spurs game really dissappointed me. Had we crashed out of the CL and FA cup early and then been able to pour all our efforts into the prem we may finished 4th. How does that compare with what he actually achieved. I expect you're one of those still miffed about the irrelevant Liverpool league game.

RDM was like a one legged man in an arse kicking contest and he kicked every arse that was put in front of him.

As for the bit about best buddies, what is your evidence of that? The first thing RDM said as our manager was " I dont have any friends. I have a nice family. Anyone who tells you they are my friend is a liar ". I liked that.... I liked it a lot.

Chedaki   

I really don't understand this "hope he can improve his crap results in the league"....

It's just an opinion and not looking for excuses... but looking at the league games drawn/lost under Di Matteo..

Man C 2-1... L, Thought we were very unlucky to lose this... especially since no one could win there the whole season...

Spurs 0-0... D, We looked knackered at the early kick-off and was already looking at the Benfica game

Fulham 1-1.. D, Was I thought our last real chance of getting 4th, once again the team was selected looking at the FA Cup semi..

Arse 0-0... D, Wedged in between the Barca games, should have put my house on it being a 0-0...

Newcastle 2-0... L, They were the better team, and 4th was realistically gone, and once again one eye on the FA Cup

Pool 4-1... L, Was a complete dead rubber, almost that entire team didn't start in Munich, and we'd already won the FA Cup.

It's very easy to look at things in a bubble, but the fact (opinion) is that (excluding the Carling Cup) the first crucial set of games that AVB needed to rotate the squad (and I also exclude any of the CL group stage matches, since honestly was a very weak group)...

Was Birmingham in the FA Cup and Napoli away, even though we had over a week after a league game, we still screwed up both of them!!!

Compared to Di Matteo only having 3 days from a league game to Brum away, and 4 days for Napoli at home....

Both passed with flying colours!!!

So hope the great appointment (but needs to improve in the league) qualified comments will stop...

The guy will always be a legend at the club and thoroughly deserves the chance to start from zero in the league..

So I say good luck, and really can't wait for the season to start!!!

PhilH930   

Great news - a well deserved/earned appointment. History tells us no one lasts too long in this role, but I have a feeling RDMs understated approach might change this. The winning of the CL ended the Mourinho era in my mind, and with that ghost now fully gone, and new players arriving, this really feels like a new era.

Good luck Robbie - get us in the league mix once more, asserting ourselves on all opposition!

So pleased for Robbie. Not to mention so glad that Chelsea officially confirmed this a few hours before the Harry Redknapp news came out, or else I'd be bloody panicking right now!

Typical Chelsea, all they have done is what they always do, gone for the latest "bright young thing who won the Champions League" , luckily , this time they actually won it with us!

Well done Robbie and Eddie , well deservered, lets hope we can add a bit of flair to the grit and win it again and get our League Championship back too!

Interestingly enough, the artile on TOCWS is so gushing in its praise of RdM (in particular the phrase, "he was the obvious choice springs to mind) means that either the club is so full of hot air as they will try and appoint Pep next summer anyway, making that comment seem rather false (and actually a lie) OR they are genuinely going to give him a fair crack of the whip and they werent that fussed about Pep all along.......

So what you're saying is that according to your interpretation the club definitely may or may not have full trust on RDM. That's some great insight you got there.

Blue Rod   

2 years is twice as good as I was praying for. That Chelsea FC dithered is a non-issue for Robbie. The guy is mature, confident and cool headed enough not to make any meal of it. I just could not see how anyone else could have been given the job. Well done Chelsea FC, well done Robbie. Happy days.