• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nick89

Official: Chelsea Sack Di Matteo

'ROBERTO DI MATTEO was warned he would be sacked if he axed £50million flop Fernando Torres.'

Not sure if it's been posted previously so apologies if so. I uderstand it's a Sun report and should be taken at face value however any if there's any truth in the story then the writing was on the wall I suppose.

http://www.thesun.co...l#ixzz2CwkboOSs

We know it is nonsense without (fortunately) having to read it.

Benitez was appointed Thursday afternoon, so the decision to sack RDM was made much earlier - probably considered since summer and confirmed a couple of weeks ago.

Now RDM might have dropped Torres because he knew he was going to be sacked. But that story implies there were facts out there that the press had failed to find - and they won't write it up that way.

mokilove   

'ROBERTO DI MATTEO was warned he would be sacked if he axed £50million flop Fernando Torres.'

Not sure if it's been posted previously so apologies if so. I uderstand it's a Sun report and should be taken at face value however any if there's any truth in the story then the writing was on the wall I suppose.

http://www.thesun.co...l#ixzz2CwkboOSs

Sorry, but it´s big bullsxxt. It´s The Sun - you know. ;)

Sorry, but it´s big bullsxxt. It´s The Sun - you know. ;)

Seconded. Even the Beano has more credibility than that corrupt, apology of a newspaper.

Codger   

Not trying to be clever after the event, but midway through the Juve game I thought Robbie was gone. In the post-match interview, he seemed to know that as well.

[...]

I know some will disagree with my assessment here, and that's fine because I'm not claiming it as fact, just sharing my impression. And of course, I could be way off the mark. It been nagging at me though, since before half-time on Tuesday night.

Seek out Lipton's piece and read between the lines. Robbie knew. Benitez knew.

OzzyCFC   

Seek out Lipton's piece and read between the lines. Robbie knew. Benitez knew.

Pretty much what I thought at the time. I got the feeling Rafa had been sounded out and it was pretty clear Robbie would be luck to last the season.

Codger   

Yes, I think that's true for both.

That piece, incidentally, was published less then ten minutes after the announcement to Robbies sacking.