• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nick89

Official: Chelsea Sack Di Matteo

Wow... that's interesting, to say the least...

Says it all really. Had thought the silence from senior pros said it all, they don't want him anymore than us.

Good on JT.

Yanks and Notts Co. w^nkers OUT!

- 4 points off top

- Sitting 3rd in the League

- Playing Great football

- Achieving objectives set out for a transitional season

- Lost just 1 game (At the point benitez was first approached)

- Dropped points at extremely difficult places to go

- He won a champions league with us

- He won FA Cups with us

What the hell are the expectations here? Win every game?

Added to that...

Losing his captain, talisman and chief defensive organiser in extremely difficult circumstances-

Constantly having to deal with the media/press, having to fend off club affairs being put under the microscope...yet again-

Having to rely on a striker that's shot rather than one that shoots...

DiMatteo fell foul of not having a glamourous enough CV, irrespective of what he had achieved. The higher ups decided to sacrifice the tenure of a manager on the up for upheaval...

Sadly it's the new Chelsea way.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/jim-white/ruthless-roman-never-satisfied-120252645.html?CMP=OUTUK

JayD   

Added to that...

Losing his captain, talisman and chief defensive organiser in extremely difficult circumstances-

Constantly having to deal with the media/press, having to fend off club affairs being put under the microscope...yet again-

It's also worth thanking Robbie for the purely exceptional way in which he handled the press at such difficult times for a club. I can honestly not think of a single other manager than could of dealt with some of the situations we have gone through since he took over as good as he did. Our new manager is the completely opposite end of the spectrum.

Zidane   

Added to that...

DiMatteo fell foul of not having a glamourous enough CV, irrespective of what he had achieved. The higher ups decided to sacrifice the tenure of a manager on the up for upheaval...

http://uk.eurosport.....html?CMP=OUTUK

Bloody bizarre isn't it? It's like landing a job in Goldman Sachs, only to be sacked a few months later for not having gone to Oxbridge.

Added to that...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/jim-white/ruthless-roman-never-satisfied-120252645.html?CMP=OUTUK

Yet another article I should be upset reading. But I'm not. Instead I find myself agreeing with every single word - yet again.

Sad times.

Playing devil's advocate, perhaps Di Matteo had taken Chelsea as far as he could? He and Newton united the group at a time when it was at its lowest ebb thanks to AVB, and made them defensively solid whilst offering very little attacking-wise. We got completely outplayed by Barcelona and Bayern on the way to recording a Champions League victory based on nothing more than a feeling of "destiny" from strong minded players. He was given license to play more attacking football this year, and showed absolutely nothing in the way of knowing how to balance this with a solid defence. I've spoken to a West Brom fan in my office and he says that had Di Matteo not been sacked, far from being third in the Premiership right now, they would be mid-table in the Championship such was his inability to construct a properly balanced team. Benitez may be a wan*er, but he is proven (annoyingly against us more than once).

- 4 points off top

- Sitting 3rd in the League

- Playing Great football

- Achieving objectives set out for a transitional season

- Lost just 1 game (At the point benitez was first approached)

- Dropped points at extremely difficult places to go

- He won a champions league with us

- He won FA Cups with us

What the hell are the expectations here? Win every game?

Also the only person to win two European trophies with us.

Siven   

Which is an entirely different question, of course. But given their history, they're reasonably likely to give SAF's replacement time to succeed or fail under his own steam. My point is only this: to have a shot at people who voice a desire for stability at this club by using Arsenal as your example (because they've won nothing in recent years) is just a tad disingenuous when the most stable club of all wins, and keeps winning. You can have both, if you have the right owner(s) and manager. Not easy, of course. Damn near impossible the way Roman runs things at Chelsea.

wasn't my assertion in the first place.. Was just playing devils advocate

Add the fact Robbie wasn't even given a chance to succeed with the ridiculously thin and inexperienced squad. You can really see this must have been planned by the board from day one.

A bit much to suggest that the club screwed up the squad in a deliberate strategy to make it impossible for the temp to do his job, and ruin the season in order to make it less embarrassing to sack him.

They could have hired Benitez in the summer instead.

Of course the club might just have planned to leave the squad bare this season ahead of appointing a new manager in 2013 and buying his choice of players. In which case leaving a temp in charge that the club never cared for much quite likely.

A bit much to suggest that the club screwed up the squad in a deliberate strategy to make it impossible for the temp to do his job, and ruin the season in order to make it less embarrassing to sack him.

They could have hired Benitez in the summer instead.

Of course the club might just have planned to leave the squad bare this season ahead of appointing a new manager in 2013 and buying his choice of players. In which case leaving a temp in charge that the club never cared for much quite likely.

Or... As I stayed previously; "they are completely and utterly incompetent".

We sure are seeing a lot of evidence pointing in that direction.

Why would they leave a squad threadbare for the new manager to fill when it's crystal clear no manager since Jose has had any serious input into how the squad is constructed?

Managers may (note the "may" here) have been consulted. Best case scenario that is.