• Current Donation Goals

bluenawaz

Oscar Off To China!

I think that Link is London Evening Standard and not tribal or Caught offside.Correct me if I'm wrong

Bison   

I think that Link is London Evening Standard and not tribal or Caught offside.Correct me if I'm wrong

There's nothing to suggest the Evening Standard doesn't get their transfer news/rumors from sites like Caught Offside.

TreeGeek   

Look. Paulo Brito is from Porto Alegre, that means he is a local journalist so he surely must now something. It makes pergect sense aswell, Internacional must finance the deal for Ganso who will not play for Santos again and wants to stay in Brazil for another year, by selling Oscar to Chelsea.

I'm more bothered with the question if Oscar can play in the doule pivot otherwise can't see why in the world we'd buy him....

Kezza   

If he comes what does that say about Josh? Both are similar age isn't it? And Oscar looks the more established player.

Suiko   

I'm more bothered with the question if Oscar can play in the doule pivot otherwise can't see why in the world we'd buy him....

More of an attacking midfielder, he's capable of playing out wide and considering we have Mata/Hazard already competing for that same spot may end up on the right

Like I said he's a player I like a lot but not one I expected to move anytime soon because I don't think he's quite ready yet, would be great for depth but we have that in Marin (likely to start a lot of games anyway), Kakuta etc

Suiko   

He's not a wide player. He's being considered because we can't sign Modric.

No he's not but he's not exactly a central midfielder either, he's an attacking midfielder just one that's more likely to be pushed out wide because of competition in that position

Sorry but no one has answered my question yet.

Why is £14 million for Schurrle( a person who has played on European soil, managed to get into a highly competitive German side for the EUROS) too much money and ludicrous.

Whereas 30 million for Oscar( a person most have only seen in 3 Brazilian friendly games, no experience in Europe, no Experience in an international cup competition) is just fine and dandy?

I fail to see the logic behind this.

Sorry but no one has answered my question yet.

Why is £14 million for Schurrle( a person who has played on European soil, managed to get into a highly competitive German side for the EUROS) too much money and ludicrous.

Whereas 30 million for Oscar( a person most have only seen in 3 Brazilian friendly games, no experience in Europe, no Experience in an international cup competition) is just fine and dandy?

30m could be in Brazilian Dollars, Euros or Pounds but I think I read somewhere that the Oscar deal would be somewhere nearer €20m.

That being said, your point still stands. I think effectively, they're two different kinds of players for different purposes within the squad though?