• Current Donation Goals

bluenawaz

Oscar Off To China!

30m could be in Brazilian Dollars, Euros or Pounds but I think I read somewhere that the Oscar deal would be somewhere nearer €20m.

That being said, your point still stands. I think effectively, they're two different kinds of players for different purposes within the squad though?

Yes I know two different players, but I dont care about that.

Its the pre concieved notions that spending more on one player because XXX said he looked very very good on youtube and "I saw em in three games oi he good" pops their head out is ok. Where spending cheper money on someone who can still do a job is looked at as ridiculous.... Thats the part I dont understand.

TreeGeek   
Sorry but no one has answered my question yet.

Why is £14 million for Schurrle( a person who has played on European soil, managed to get into a highly competitive German side for the EUROS) too much money and ludicrous.

Whereas 30 million for Oscar( a person most have only seen in 3 Brazilian friendly games, no experience in Europe, no Experience in an international cup competition) is just fine and dandy?

I fail to see the logic behind this.

Hmmm...does a certain Kaka ring a bell? Look, the thing is that Brazil has its football jewels. With that I mean Neymar, Lucas Moura, Oscar...In these players you can clearly see the talent and you just have to take the risk because of the superior talent they've got Chelsea seem to acknowledge that as they've tryimg for all those three now. It's just a risk you have to take.

Ooh and btw, Schurrle is nothing special. And it really baffles why would people want another striker to play on the wings ffs.

Bison   

I didn't even know Oscar existed until about yesterday afternoon but I want Roman to sign him up for 40m and Paulo Ferreira. We won't win a single game without him.

Mceech   

Thanks, I'll learn to trust likes of caughtoffside, tribalfootball from now on simply because they're a link too.

You missed the point. I didn't tell you to trust the link, just that there is a link and thus this thread merits being open.

Mceech   

Look. Paulo Brito is from Porto Alegre, that means he is a local journalist so he surely must now something. It makes pergect sense aswell, Internacional must finance the deal for Ganso who will not play for Santos again and wants to stay in Brazil for another year, by selling Oscar to Chelsea.

I'm more bothered with the question if Oscar can play in the doule pivot otherwise can't see why in the world we'd buy him....

Internacional have a big wage bill as well, they will need to sell.

He can play deep, he is very versatile from what I've seen.

Sir   

Out of interest, does anyone know why he went from SP to Internacional?

Sindre   

Have to say that he looks like a great player watching a few of those match-comps on youtube. Against Argentina and USA on senior level with Brazil for example. Can play in a double pivot with Mikel aswell by the looks of it.

Out of interest, does anyone know why he went from SP to Internacional?

Contractual disagreement, same as Lucas Piazon & happened almost at the same time.

Hmmm...does a certain Kaka ring a bell? Look, the thing is that Brazil has its football jewels. With that I mean Neymar, Lucas Moura, Oscar...In these players you can clearly see the talent and you just have to take the risk because of the superior talent they've got Chelsea seem to acknowledge that as they've tryimg for all those three now. It's just a risk you have to take.

Ooh and btw, Schurrle is nothing special. And it really baffles why would people want another striker to play on the wings ffs.

So Germany doesnt have its "football jewels?" Also you just listed Lucas Moura under Brazillian football Jewels and from the time I saw him play(those same games everyone was watching Oscar in) he was nothing special.

Now you've pointed out Kaka as a successful Brazilian who has been successful in europe. But how many Brazillians, wait no, how many south Americans have been successful in England? Ramirez, Aguero have only just started off in England and while they have done well how much longer will it last? Plus Ramirez and Aguero had prior experience in Europe before coming to England. Tevez, Gilberto Silva, Edu maybe? Buying a Brazillian of 20 years and plopping him into one of the most physical leagues in the world for 30 million HOPING he'll deliver is too much of a risk.

I can list more flops of Brazillian players in the Premier League than I can list of successful ones.

Edited by Blue_Fever

hanuma   

Please do list the young Brazilian players with minimal caps for their country who have come directly to the EPL and failed. You'll start with Kleberson no doubt (24 at time of arrival, with 20 caps). Then who...

Edited by hanuma