• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluenawaz

Oscar Off To China!

TreeGeek   

So Germany doesnt have its "football jewels?" Also you just listed Lucas Moura under Brazillian football Jewels and from the time I saw him play(those same games everyone was watching Oscar in) he was nothing special.

Now you've pointed out Kaka as a successful Brazilian who has been successful in europe. But how many Brazillians, wait no, how many south Americans have been successful in England? Ramirez, Aguero have only just started off in England and while they have done well how much longer will it last? Plus Ramirez and Aguero had prior experience in Europe before coming to England. Tevez, Gilberto Silva, Edu maybe? Buying a Brazillian of 20 years and plopping him into one of the most physical leagues in the world for 30 million HOPING he'll deliver is too much of a risk.

I can list more flops of Brazillian players in the Premier League than I can list of successful ones.

It's RamireS fellow Chelsea fan.

So Germany doesnt have its "football jewels?" Also you just listed Lucas Moura under Brazillian football Jewels and from the time I saw him play(those same games everyone was watching Oscar in) he was nothing special.

Now you've pointed out Kaka as a successful Brazilian who has been successful in europe. But how many Brazillians, wait no, how many south Americans have been successful in England? Ramirez, Aguero have only just started off in England and while they have done well how much longer will it last? Plus Ramirez and Aguero had prior experience in Europe before coming to England. Tevez, Gilberto Silva, Edu maybe? Buying a Brazillian of 20 years and plopping him into one of the most physical leagues in the world for 30 million HOPING he'll deliver is too much of a risk.

I can list more flops of Brazillian players in the Premier League than I can list of successful ones.

30m Brazilian Real = 9,43m Pound Sterling

Please do list the young Brazilian players with minimal caps for their country who have come directly to the EPL and failed. You'll start with Kleberson no doubt (24 at time of arrival, with 20 caps). Then who...

Robinho, probably.

The face of the Premier League is changing.

After being rejected fro Chelsea because of his physique, Christian Eriksen had dubbed the Premier League a league for bodybuilders, but, recently he commented that with the success of the likes of Mata & Silva, maybe you don't have to be a bodybuilder to succeed in the Premier League.. and even though that was most probably said in jest..

Historically the Premier League is known for it's physicality and the best Brazilian players would usually associate their style of football with befitting more stylised leagues.

Chelsea were one of the only other clubs linked to Kaka (apart from Milan) as he was leaving Brazil, they thought he would be suited more to the Premier League because his style wasn't of the typical Brazilian. This happened a lot. It's the same with Piazon, he says himself that he doesn't play the way the quintessential Brazilian attacker plays and it is true. The Premier League wasn't as rated in South America, Heinze didn't know who Manchester United were even whilst still at PSG, Kaka was always going to choose Milan over us. Ronaldinho goes to Barcelona over Manchester United.

There was a point where people looked around and said.. well damn.. How comes the Brazilians that have come to our league have mostly been Arsenal's Denilson's & Gilberto Silva's & Ramires etc.. It's the scent that the Premier League gave off that had attracted a particular brand of Brazilian player.

Securing the up & coming Brazilian talent, has proved elusive for Chelsea and no other Premier League club has managed it either.

That's not without want of trying. It just goes to show how difficult it still is for the Premier League to attract the creme da la creme of Brazilian talents. When you're talking all the more successful South Americans coming straight from that area into the Premier League.

We are talking Tevez, Mascherano, Gilberto Silva, One of the Da Silva twins, Oscar's International & Internacional mate Sandro, Juninho, Valencia, Palacios as examples. Liverpool's Lucas has to go down as someone they warmed too.. I'm probably missing some other will remember.

The closest people that come to mind when thinking about players who were considered the hottest young attacking talents in South America with big, big hype that have come to England..

You do think of Mascherano, Tevez, D'alessandro, Aguero, Robinho & to a lesser extent Zaraté, Anderson.

Mascherano & Tevez both came straight from S.America, Zaraté only played in Qatar a part from S.America & whilst Zaraté and D'alessandro's time in England were short, both did well to settle quickly and make a very good impression on the Premier League.

With that being said, Lucas Moura's game Is not the outstanding talent, Neymar is... As I've said for quite a while a move would be very premature & with the impatience a lot of Chelsea fans showed towards Sturridge, I don't think it's the type of environment for his type of talent. Also going on the reception from fans on here to his friendly performances, that rubber stamps how their frustration may begin to build with him.

As I started at the beginning talking about the Brazilians that they pencil out as being Premier League suitable. Oscar is one of them, however, he said he wants to stay in Brazil & I feel the links with him to Chelsea aren't that strong just yet.