• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chelsea25

Doping.

Fishzn   

Excellent - finally somebody whose got some balls! Laughed at the Armstrong crying on Oprah part - got a feeling that's going to happen!

The Times now suing Lance Armstrong for £1 million. He'll be a ruined man by the time this is all finished.

Nice to hear that journalists were doing their job properly for once.

Not a fan of cycling at all, but always heard Armstrong's name in the media by osmosis. I guess he was the Schumacher of the sport? (Not a fan of F1 either lol).

A cheat, a liar, a bully, and a thoroughly unpleasant piece of work who was prepared to threaten and destroy anyone who knew the truth. The only thing he's 'sorry' for, is getting caught and exposed for the fraud he is. Of course there have been other drug cheats, and there will be again in the future, but Armstrong for his actions both on and off the road, will be remembered as the most despicable of them all.

A cheat, a liar, a bully, and a thoroughly unpleasant piece of work who was prepared to threaten and destroy anyone who knew the truth. The only thing he's 'sorry' for, is getting caught and exposed for the fraud he is. Of course there have been other drug cheats, and there will be again in the future, but Armstrong for his actions both on and off the road, will be remembered as the most despicable of them all.

I love cycling,the 'Classics, The Tour' etc, but what irks me more, is that the whistle blowers and all the others that cheated, claim to love their chosen sport. Why would a sportsman choose to damage the image of their profession? Cycling is it's own worse enemy though. The Peloton is a very close knit and anyone who steps out of line will get squashed. So it's a case of either most cheat and the rest put up with it or, as it seems to be now, the authorities are now trying to race clean.

But should Lance and the whistle blowers be allowed to race again? Hell no. This wasn't a simple mistake, this was a complex operation to win at all costs and sod the others.

At least cycling hasn't swept it under the carpet like Baseball by using an * for their records.

It is rife in football though I honestly think this country s pretty clean.

There is a new way of increasing stamina which involves increasing blood oxygen (not EPO). It's almost impossible to detect and would suit footballers nicely.

I have seen some eastern block teams that no one has ever heard of come to Chelsea and shown fitness levels I find quite frankly impossible to believe.

I also believe the Greek national team won the Euros using PEDs.

It is rife in football though I honestly think this country s pretty clean.

There is a new way of increasing stamina which involves increasing blood oxygen (not EPO). It's almost impossible to detect and would suit footballers nicely.

I have seen some eastern block teams that no one has ever heard of come to Chelsea and shown fitness levels I find quite frankly impossible to believe.

I also believe the Greek national team won the Euros using PEDs.

Billy McCulloch is that you?

Billy McCulloch is that you?

let me explain myself in this little quiet corner of CFC.NET where no

one is listening as I realise I am sounding a bit mental. Please bear with.

I first need to give my overview of the Greek nation to set the scene.

They are all a bunch lying cheats bent on fraudulent behaviour and deception... ok I am generalising a bit....no I am gong to go with it, every man woman and child has got their snouts in the trough.

Over the last 10 years the public owe £35 billion in unpaid tax (yes that's billion!)

Here's a good one. They have a swimming pool tax over there. Everyone with a pool pays a tax on. Google earth reckons there's tens of thousands of pools but only 62 people claim to have got one.

The politicians are all bent. They gained entry into the eurozone by cooking the books. We have had to bale them out of this mess at incredible cost and the country is still practically bankcrupt. Europe still hasn't recovered from the fallout.

So how about sport. Every bloke that owns a football club is bent .. we would call it "not a fit and proper person". Match fixing is rife. One season 84 officials were charged involving up to 54 games. Not little games either ,one was Olympiakos v Panathinaikos.

Lets get to doping. They invented it . An ancient scholar called Euripides said "of the evils in Greece there is nothing worse than competing athletes". Nothing has changed .In the period leading to the 2008 Olympics 15 Greeks failed drug tests. And the public don't care. It's not an issue. Sprinting legend Kostas Kenteris was still treated like a god when he was banned so he still carried on doing it.

And so to the 2004 Euros. 80/1 outsiders managed to beat home nation favourites Portugal (twice). That team included Figo,Ronaldo,Carvalho,Deco & co. They beat current holders France and a great Cech team. That great Greek team included such future stars as...... er..no escapes me. By the end of the tournament they looked as fresh as daisies while Portugal looked f-ucked.

So how did the Greeks get on after the Euros. Shite you will not be surprised!

In the 2008 tournament when doping tests were dramatically improved and I suspect they were being watched closely they finished last, literally last. Bottom of their group with zero points. No team did worse than the holders and they have been rubbish ever since.

And I will leave you with a final thought. Luis Suarez has a Greek cousin! And guess what, he's been done for cheating!! The acorn never drops far from the tree.

let me explain myself in this little quiet corner of CFC.NET where no

one is listening as I realise I am sounding a bit mental. Please bear with.

I first need to give my overview of the Greek nation to set the scene.

They are all a bunch lying cheats bent on fraudulent behaviour and deception... ok I am generalising a bit....no I am gong to go with it, every man woman and child has got their snouts in the trough.

Over the last 10 years the public owe £35 billion in unpaid tax (yes that's billion!)

Here's a good one. They have a swimming pool tax over there. Everyone with a pool pays a tax on. Google earth reckons there's tens of thousands of pools but only 62 people claim to have got one.

The politicians are all bent. They gained entry into the eurozone by cooking the books. We have had to bale them out of this mess at incredible cost and the country is still practically bankcrupt. Europe still hasn't recovered from the fallout.

So how about sport. Every bloke that owns a football club is bent .. we would call it "not a fit and proper person". Match fixing is rife. One season 84 officials were charged involving up to 54 games. Not little games either ,one was Olympiakos v Panathinaikos.

Lets get to doping. They invented it . An ancient scholar called Euripides said "of the evils in Greece there is nothing worse than competing athletes". Nothing has changed .In the period leading to the 2008 Olympics 15 Greeks failed drug tests. And the public don't care. It's not an issue. Sprinting legend Kostas Kenteris was still treated like a god when he was banned so he still carried on doing it.

And so to the 2004 Euros. 80/1 outsiders managed to beat home nation favourites Portugal (twice). That team included Figo,Ronaldo,Carvalho,Deco & co. They beat current holders France and a great Cech team. That great Greek team included such future stars as...... er..no escapes me. By the end of the tournament they looked as fresh as daisies while Portugal looked f-ucked.

So how did the Greeks get on after the Euros. Shite you will not be surprised!

In the 2008 tournament when doping tests were dramatically improved and I suspect they were being watched closely they finished last, literally last. Bottom of their group with zero points. No team did worse than the holders and they have been rubbish ever since.

And I will leave you with a final thought. Luis Suarez has a Greek cousin! And guess what, he's been done for cheating!! The acorn never drops far from the tree.

That was an entertaining read! I suppose it's safe to say you don't think much of the Greeks!

I won't comment on all of it, but the financial stuff isn't hyperbole. They have a deep mistrust for the government just because they are known for corruption and cheating. I wouldn't pay taxes if I lived there either - no way. Paying taxes in Scandinavia still makes sense but there will be a day when it doesn't and it's closer than one might think. I refuse to pay my TV license for example - I'm not supporting left wing propaganda. Only now they call it "media" license so no one can avoid it. Basically anyone owning a device that can access the internet should pay. Didn't know the Scandinavians owned the internet copyrights. Thrifty bastards.

As for the football part - that Greek team was ultra defensive. It was beyond parking the bus. Add decent delivery and execution on set-pieces and they were set-up for being hard to beat. I can't comment on the doping allegations but nothing would surprise me anymore. We are asking a lot of footballers today and one have to ask whether it is possible to play as much as they do without any illegal means.

The new blood doping you are referring g to sounds interesting. I will have to look it up.

Edit: and finally you saved the best for last - Luis Suarez cousin!