• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sir

Live Match Thread: Chelsea V Atletico De Madrid

Sir   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the UEFA Super Cup match against Atletico De Madrid, before and during the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this unmoderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is at 18:45 hrs, Friday, 31st August 2012, at The Stade Louis II.

Don't forget to join ClubCFCnet it's only £1 per month http://www.clubcfcnet.com

Our attacking trio of Hazard, Torres and Mata is looking epic. Hazard really completes that partnership, Mata and Torres alone wasn't enough but the three of them all on the same wavelength is threatening to become unplayable, and that's not even including Oscar, Sturridge and Marin.

On Meireles, people were talking about his improved performance. Anybody catch him in Portugal's semi vs Spain? That Portugal side almost played Spain off the park at times (I've never seen a side rustle Spain like Portugal managed too), and I thought he played quality in that game too. He does seem to have a top performance in him and I think him being in midfield in a fluid passing game suits him.

I think we should just continue to go with Mata, Hazard and Torres up front + Bertrand/Sturridge/Oscar (Marin still injured?). Lampard will probably be back in midfield next to Mikel, but other than that pretty much the routine line-up.

Interesting to see how Torres plays against his old club. He's quoted as saying this will be the first time he wants Atletico to lose. Maybe he won't celebrate if he scores.

Kezza   

Oscar when he's settled and at his best should play in midfield in Lampards position. That would be one hell of a team.

I wouldn't start with Mata in this game. There might be a trophy to win at the end but with QPR, Arsenal and Stoke in September, he needs a rest for the next 3 week with Spain hopefully relieving him of International Duty early September.

Holymoly   

UEFA Really Lovely Cup not a priority but we need to take it seriously and not regress into the pre-season mindset. Is Courtois allowed to play in this game?

UEFA Really Lovely Cup not a priority but we need to take it seriously and not regress into the pre-season mindset. Is Courtois allowed to play in this game?

Yes he is.

It will be interesting to see what players are left behind in London. May give an indication as to who is leaving. Transfer deadline is on the same night.

Better be sunny in monaco.

Hope it isn't. Torres always scores when it rains!

Our league start has set us up nicely for this.

We dont need a diversion by way of trophy to lift us from poor league form.

We should go in pretty confident and comfortable making the win less stressful and a loss easier to take.

Regardless, I will be pretty sh!tfaced in monaco this weekend!