• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dcruze1

Swansea Away

dcruze1   

Hello lads

didn't get to go Swansea last season due to work but will be going this weekend. Anyone know what pubs we are all drinking in? It would be nice to find one with a bit of pre-match chanting and even have the early football on in the background...

cook0891   

We went on a street where there was a few pubs, can't remember name but was a yates at top of street. Lets say the locals weren't best pleased to see us and in yates the police closed pub. There is a Frankie and Bennies up next to the ground and we got a beer in there but was rammed.

Alrite lads,

I moved to Swansea a couple of years ago from Essex ( work commitments ) To be honest there is nowhere near the ground thats any good. There is a Harvester, and Frankie and Bennies, otherwise there is Wind Street in the city centre. Trouble is it's a bit of walk back to the ground. If you go to wind street, best option is probably walkabout . They have big screens with the football on all the time. I'd get the beers in early in town though because the beer the served us in the stadium last year was shite !

Last season the Bank Statement Lloyds Bar on Wind Street was popular with Blues fans, just along from the Yates Bar

Sounds good to me. I am staying overnight in the Travelodge which I believe is just around the corner from the Bank statement. Was planning on starting there...! Any idea on walk to ground? Some places say 15 mins some say 30 mins! I know there are buses from the train station.