• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mamut

James Rodriguez

Sir   

Apperently we are after him and he is also a target for Manu.

Anyone follow Porto and can tell anything about this fella?

http://www.crunchspo...z-201211230016/

He's an excellent, excellent young player, a real talent!

But normally Man United always seem to nick Porto's young talents. They'll probably do that with this guy as well.

Mamut   

He's an excellent, excellent young player, a real talent!

But normally Man United always seem to nick Porto's young talents. They'll probably do that with this guy as well.

That sounds discouraging but hopefully this time and around we can nick him before Sir Alex does.

He is a brilliant player. Manu tried a lot to sign him in the summer, but Porto weren't willing to sell until someone triggered his buyout clause which is 45m euros. A lot of buzz around twitter yesterday about him, but couldn't find any reliable source having a say about it. Also, he plays like Marin, left/right winger who likes making inward runs. So not a "must buy" for us, specially considering the fact that Porto will ask some ridiculous price for him. We still haven't given Marin a decent run, who in my opinion can eventually become an immense player.

ish   

left winger with real class. amazing amazing player, has been great for ages too, just outshined by hulk and falcao at porto but at that time was only 20 years old.

he is fast but not overly fast(slower then sturridge and ramires, faster then mata), he keeps his head up when dribbling and knows where the ball is so he looks faster then he sometimes is. very good first touch to move away from a player too.

good crossing and passing range and very composed. can play across the midfield 3 but I always liked him best as a pure left winger.

good player that has the potential to get a bit stronger, has the build of torres and if anything sometimes plays like him at liverpool times but can't really play as a striker. just some similarities in style.

still the kind of player that should cost less then mata did because plenty of similar players are out there.

I really like him but wouldnt be the first player on my list. he is from porto so will cost too much, cheaper options from netherlands available if we want a pure left winger.

Suiko   

Was very jealous when Man Utd were linked a year or two ago. The need isn't as big as it was then (though you can argue we still don't actually have a true left winger) but I'd welcome him with open arms.

Not the first Colombian I'd have on my list though

0liver   

What about the other Colombian they got, Jackson Martinez? Been more impressed with him and he is a player who we need more, a striker.

He is a brilliant player. Manu tried a lot to sign him in the summer, but Porto weren't willing to sell until someone triggered his buyout clause which is 45m euros. A lot of buzz around twitter yesterday about him, but couldn't find any reliable source having a say about it. Also, he plays like Marin, left/right winger who likes making inward runs. So not a "must buy" for us, specially considering the fact that Porto will ask some ridiculous price for him. We still haven't given Marin a decent run, who in my opinion can eventually become an immense player.

I don't believe in Marin and actually I don't believe in wingers at all unless they are of the Antonio Valencia type. This bloke does look a step up from Marin so, at a reasonable price, I would not have minded if we'd signed him instead of Marko in the summer. At a Porto sized fee however I'd prefer to see the club focus on other targets.