• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nGOLE

Leandro Damiao?

nGOLE   

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/tottenham-striker-target-hints-at-chelsea-transfer?state=92c721564728431798d1049603252998

I appears that Leandro Damiao wants to be reunited with Oscar, what do you people say to that?

Personally I think it could be among best, if not the best, signings we could make in this January window.

He won't cost half of what we have to give up for both Cavani and Falcao, and thereby we eliminate that possible embarrassment of once again throwing huge amounts of money at big worldclass players which fail to settle in.. the reputation of this club is already sinking at extreme pace atm and this would be a way of getting a very very talented player which fits the criteria of what we are looking for, without taking the risk of doing even more damage to the club..

He is a box player through and through with a little trickery in the mix aswel.. I think his style of player will suite our team quite well tbh.

Also, he is still only 23, and would blend in quite nicely with the Brazilians we've already installed..

I know that he, atm, is not a proven striker in the big leagues such as either Cavani or Falcao, but he has not yet been tested, and I think that he has the potential to be just as good a player for Chelsea FC as both Cavani and Falcao.. The thing is, that if Damiao fails to settle, it will not be a disaster, but if we go and spend those reported 50mil on either Cavani and Falcao, we just have another Torres situation on our hands, and frankly, I've had enough of those for the next few years.

Harvz   

Absolutely loved what I saw of him at the Olympics. However, he's fallen out of favour with the national team since. Not sure if we'd be getting a massive talent or a player who sporadically shines very brightly. If the scouts decide its the former and they go for him, I'd be VERY excited.

nGOLE   

To be honest, I haven't really seen enough of him at clublevel to really judge whether its the former or the latter, but what I have seen from him in the national side, I would indeed be excited if he does come in January.. 74 goals in 127 appearances for Internacional, and it seems to be pretty consistent, that doesn't seem bad at all though!

Ando   

No. Average. Had a good Olympics but do not let that deceive you. We can do a lot better.

nGOLE   

I accept your opinion, but really, what makes him average? Topscorer at the Olympics, and 14 caps for the full national side since 2011, where he is fighting for at spot against players proven in the european leagues, and Neymar.. The fact that he has not yet moved to Europe seems to be the only thing keeping him out of the nationalside at the moment, that is how I see it anyway :) If you have followed him in the Brazilian league and seen him player several matches there, I guess your intel on him is better than mine though :)

Can we get the opinion of Brasileiro or others who watch Damiao week in, week out?

On paper he sounds a good bet. Two footed, tall, athletic, young, hungry, who has a good scoring record. He's been heavily scouted/ courted by Tottenham and Arsenal, yet he keeps throwing out mentions of Chelsea and Oscar. If we want him, we'd have to be in pole position.

For all the Falcao talk, I just want someone hungry, young and talented, who given the right opportunity, can become the next superstar.

I think he would be a better option than anyone else we have at the moment, and he's young. Also has a rapport with Oscar and probably could be got for a decent price, I'm all for it.

PhilH930   

In all honesty, have not seen a lot his play, but from what I have seen am concerned by a lack of pace. Is this accurate?