• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chelsea25

Game Of Thrones

I know there already is a tv show topic but feel this amazing show deserves its own thread.

This for me is the pinnacle of television as far as well made TV shows go. It has everything really, from great dialogues to some amazing characters(Tyrion anyone?) to an engaging and unpredictable plot. There's also the fantasy element to it and the whole vibe this show has. Then there are the naked ladies.

Yep, Its perfect in every way imaginable. Pity season 3 is so far off.

I watched about 15 mins of episode 1.

Then I watched another series of Madmen.

Then I watched a series of Hill Street Bues, which I am revisiting years later.

And two weeks ago I watched the pilot episodes of The West Wing. 8 down 103 to go.

Lets just say it'll be a very long time before I consider watching Game of Thrones again.

I watched about 15 mins of episode 1.

Then I watched another series of Madmen.

Then I watched a series of Hill Street Bues, which I am revisiting years later.

And two weeks ago I watched the pilot episodes of The West Wing. 8 down 103 to go.

Lets just say it'll be a very long time before I consider watching Game of Thrones again.

I say this as a fan of Mad men, GOT is better than Men, its impossible to comprehend what the show is about in 1 episode..let alone 15 minutes of one episode. The characters are better, the story is better..there's very little fantasy shown in actual(that's shown much later on) although we are always aware of it. Mad Men is a brilliant show but GOT is superior in every way possible. The only show that compares imo is Breaking bad.

My advice would be to actually be patient with it but ultimately of course to each his own.

I love the show. Hate to read these things as books, so I just happened to watch season 1 on the telly and have been an eager follower since then. Can`t wait for season 3. You just knew Sean Bean just had to die. Who didn`t see that coming lol.

You can`t really say you think "Mad Men" etc. is better. Either you like "medevil" shows like this or you don`t. Love/hate. Never met anyone who didn`t either absolutely hate LOTR and just the very thought of a troll or elf is beyond stupid, to people who think the books/movies are one of the best things ever read/seen.

It's a very good show. It has its weaknesses - sorry if this hits my LAD points but the sexposition gets on my nerves and it is very po-faced which might be increasingly difficult to stomach from season 3 onwards, where it will get more and more high fantasy if it remains true to the novels- but the ensemble cast is great (and even Kaye and McCrook joining it should be even stronger) and the plotting impressively seamless given how much is going on. I'm very much looking forward to it.

The books steadily get worse from what I have heard. I enjoyed the first two series but they try too hard to be clever in my eyes, there are too many characters and hardly any of them are likeable.